Bad Day in Tintland!!!

Guest thatsnappyguy
IF your knfies and blades worked before with no issues, then its you sir. Focus at the task at hand. Window tinting is not easy, u know this.

nah its the blades this time. too many people with the same problem at the same time.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nah its the blades this time. too many people with the same problem at the same time.

I agree, the blades are not the same and most people improve over time, but lately I feel like I am going backwards. I am NOT a 10 car tinter, I have done thousands and things keep getting worse, I am going to try a different knife and see if that helps.

Guest GottaWearShades

Run your fully extended Olfa blade thru a handheld v-cut style chef's sharpening tool This will micro hone the edge. You'll find this will sharpen blades that have been stored for extended periods of time, and for the mobile tinters - with the jostling of toolboxes.

Guest MarcoLb55
I agree, the blades are not the same and most people improve over time, but lately I feel like I am going backwards. I am NOT a 10 car tinter, I have done thousands and things keep getting worse, I am going to try a different knife and see if that helps.

lol keep getting worse?? come on man. stay positive. Tinting is very hard. Focus like the car...Dont get discouraged.

:

lol keep getting worse?? come on man. stay positive. Tinting is very hard. Focus like the car...Dont get discouraged.
:beer Just use the FORCE??? :beer Tinting ain't easy for sure, but it is easier when the blades cut like they are supposed too. I do think the knife could be a problem, I have 2 olfas, 1 I have had forever and 1 that is not that old, the newer one seems to work better, but I can't visibly see the difference in the 2 :beer

Guest Key West
NT's the brand name and that's the knife people call the red dot. I think Olfa gets thrown around as a generic name for knife, rather than a brand of knife. Kinda like calling any brand of bandage a Band-Aid.

Bingo!! Man, I HATED the Red Dot first few times I used them. Now, I can't use an Olfa cuz it feels awkward and cheap in comparison!!! :lol2 Red Dots ROCK!!

This isn't the first time that I've seen issues brought up recently about olfa blades... Maybe they're cutting corners lately. :)

( :lol2 No pun intended. Hardeeharhar)

They don't make em like they used to thats fo sho

They ARE NOT holding an edge like they used to. ('cept the ones my friend uses, he changes blades like twice a year! :mad , I don't know HOW he does it!!)

: :) Just use the FORCE??? :wall Tinting ain't easy for sure, but it is easier when the blades cut like they are supposed too. I do think the knife could be a problem, I have 2 olfas, 1 I have had forever and 1 that is not that old, the newer one seems to work better, but I can't visibly see the difference in the 2 :lol2

Ya gotta pay attention to the ends. They CAN get a burr in 'em! Wet sand with 300# usually does the trick. :lol2

Archived