Steamers

Guest soundtweequor

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many of our dealers in cold climates swear by steamers, since ppf in cold climates can be like stretching cardboard. Personally, I feel that if you have fingers so bad that you need a steamer, the film probably wasn't stretched the best way possible initially.

Also, paint protection is unlike most things in life, in the sense that the faster you can do it, the better it turns out. I try to minimize unneccessary tools and just go for it.

Guest socalkid

1PEECBARETTA does using a steamer get the job done faster aid you in difficult spots?

Well I'm convinced I need one. Mainly to aid me in level 5 bumpers like the Odessey. Or my up and coming Toureg bumper. If it works out the great, if not, well at least I know if its right for me or not, and I'm hoping it is.

The Toureg I'm doing this Saturday is an Xpel kit and it will be my first Toureg so if anyone has any tips on that car let me know, I'll let y'all know how it goes with the new steamer. I was trying to pick one up today but everything's closed due to our San Diego fires! :eyebrows

Guest socalkid

Y totally agree with you Zues. Unfortunately not as experience or as gifted. Being fairly new to the industry, my name is starting to get a good buzz locally so I'm starting to get a lot of curve balls thrown at me with a pretty wide range of cars. I originally was sticking to car clubs so I would have a pretty good run on a few selected models, and by your 3rd or 4th time doing the same model you basically can do it blind folded. So now other opportunities are starting to come my way wih shops subbing me out so I need to make sure I'm always pumping out a good product. So let's cross our fingers Home Depot is open today because I'm out here in San Diego and you all know what's going on out here!

(wish we had a smiley icon on "fire") :ninja

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Y totally agree with you Zues. Unfortunately not as experience or as gifted. Being fairly new to the industry, my name is starting to get a good buzz locally so I'm starting to get a lot of curve balls thrown at me with a pretty wide range of cars. I originally was sticking to car clubs so I would have a pretty good run on a few selected models, and by your 3rd or 4th time doing the same model you basically can do it blind folded. So now other opportunities are starting to come my way wih shops subbing me out so I need to make sure I'm always pumping out a good product. So let's cross our fingers Home Depot is open today because I'm out here in San Diego and you all know what's going on out here!

(wish we had a smiley icon on "fire") :DD

teu29.gifteu42.gif ask, and you shall recieve :DD

If home depot doesn't have, or isn't open..... try linens and things, or bed bath and beyond. that's where I got my steamer from :ninja:lol

Archived