76 trans am

We got an American air base near us and had a call from someone with a 76 trans am, wants the side glass and rear screen tinting, ive looked up pictures on google, but cant get an idea how hard the rear screen will be, how hard are they?? we dont have none of these cars over here in the UK, probally wont see one in your lifetime. any help would be grately appreaciated,.

This car used to be hard before heatshrinking ...trying to seam pieces of the back glass together while your body is all contorted up. The back glass actually isn't too bad of a 1 peice shrink with today's film ..just cut it a bit short around the perimeter and clean,clean , clean the edges.

When I used to do those cars, I'd cut it a little short as I mentioned (that way it would install clean ) then after, I would put a bead of black urethane around any light gap that would match the existing urethane on the window.

The doors are easy..the only thing I would do is make sure the rub pads that keep the door glass tight are not worn out or have been replaced (notorious for tearing the film if not in good shape)

Not THE way..only A way :dunno

you have to advise customer that the unless you take the window out (back glass) that its impossible to get some contamination around the edges because of the old caulking urethane. either you take out the window or he/she does. :dunno

Guest tintgod

oh...the good old days...us old timers would have no problem with it..but like tintinater said..since you have never done one take your time and it going to need alot of cleaning.

Guest Sprinter

I've done one and only one, black goo around the rear window so as was said cut short, one piece no problem, remember that with that window the film will be alot longer when you install it going from left to right not up and down, take your time and you will do it..

Guest CajunTinter

That car is older that the majority of most guys on this site...... cut the back glass short just like TW says, and don't forget to clean the chaitt out of that rubber on the back glass before you stick it..... :spit:dunno

Archived