How fast can you tint cars...

Guest rcjello

I do a car in 1.5 hrs. I tend to take 2 hrs however on lil details that don't matter. water breaks etc. hasn't affected my client flow though. I always space 2 hrs at least for each tint. Now when I tinted in florida I tinted with this one puerto rican guy. He was crazy fast. I was pretty fast but he was retarded. He free handed in 40 min or less and when I did a car with him no BS I'll put my hand on a stack of Bibles we did a hyundai 4 dr in 12 min 55 sec (did not include clean up). It wasn't me it was him. Basically I prepped the back window kinda started shrinkin and he had all the sides cut out. I would get one side done in the time it took him to complete the back window and do the other side. It was pretty cool learning from him. And of course this did not merit a redo of any kind it was perfect (well as perfect as any job can be). Now that I own my own shop I take more time charge more and "go the extra mile I guess".

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mhun9180

1-1.5hrs depending on the car. It is definately all about set-up. When I go mobile, you can add 30mins to those times at the very least. TW, I run some sprayers off a hose through a filter, and that alone saves me 15-20 minutes a car because I have clean water at high pressure all the time. No more :rollin my polysprayer. I run a hose straight from my tap, through a filter and then step the hose down to 6mm and run a trigger off the end of that. 44 tools sells a pretty good one. At my old shop I ran 5 triggers off the one hose, I just split them with a T piece and still had good pressure. Just remember to turn off the tap at the end of each day or you'll bust the hoses and flood your workshop.......and yes I have done it once or twice....... :dunno

. Just remember to turn off the tap at the end of each day or you'll bust the hoses and flood your workshop.......and yes I have done it once or twice....... :rollin

Bundy what type of pump are you using? I use a 60 psi on demand pump, I got from northern tool. It will never go higher then 60 psi, and it only pumps when it falls below 60 psi. I unplug mine at night as well, but for a different reason. I just dont want it to work when it does not have to, because a little bitter of water leaked out. If I forget to unplug it no big deal, it will not blow my hoses.

Archived