2002 mercedes Benze CLS

Cuttingedge

Doing one next week, is there anything I should be aware of? Is the back glass laminated? Okay to heat shrink it? How are the gaskets? Have to pull the panels? Also do you have to remove the rear deck or can you slide the film at the bottom? First Benz, so I don't want any surprises :krazy Thanks all.... :dunno

Doing one next week, is there anything I should be aware of? Is the back glass laminated? Okay to heat shrink it? How are the gaskets? Have to pull the panels? Also do you have to remove the rear deck or can you slide the film at the bottom? First Benz, so I don't want any surprises :dunno Thanks all.... :dunno

:krazy:lol2

pray. :lol2

Have the dealer pull the rear deck , it's tight and a pita to reach but it's doable, I don't remember if an 02 needs felt :dunno It's not much different than any other car. An important thing to remember is just wet the film not the windows, I have no clue whats hidden behind the panels in this car so be careful with the water. I think the rear deck has the gps, I'll find out for sure Monday :krazy

Sides are easy - we pull panels and they are no different to any other Merc really.

We don't take parcel shelf out and it can be a bit tight to push out the water behind the brake light. We find if you push the water out where u can then when you come to the brake light push down on the parcel shelf and use a big foot, side swiper, and you can get most of the water out.

The other thing we use is rubber door stops. Wedge them between brake light and screen (push down on parcel shelf first then insert wedge, push down again and insert another wedge - this way u don't damage film) on one side and this allows you a gap to push water out with a big foot.

As for shrinking we have had welts appear on occassion so we take extra time on it with lower temperature and we wire wool the demister bars which are quite thick. We have used metalised film without problems but to be safe we use non metalised.

you'll sail through it :krazy

Guest naughtydog
Sides are easy - we pull panels and they are no different to any other Merc really.

We don't take parcel shelf out and it can be a bit tight to push out the water behind the brake light. We find if you push the water out where u can then when you come to the brake light push down on the parcel shelf and use a big foot, side swiper, and you can get most of the water out.

The other thing we use is rubber door stops. Wedge them between brake light and screen (push down on parcel shelf first then insert wedge, push down again and insert another wedge - this way u don't damage film) on one side and this allows you a gap to push water out with a big foot.

As for shrinking we have had welts appear on occassion so we take extra time on it with lower temperature and we wire wool the demister bars which are quite thick. We have used metalised film without problems but to be safe we use non metalised.

you'll sail through it :poop

I like the rubber door stop idea...thanks.

02 CLS? didnt know they made them in that year. if its a cls theyre all frameless, even the wings, however the backglass is covered by the deck. its really not that hard. just hope it really isnt a cls and maybe a 02 c class. much easier.

:poop

There is no 2002 CLS..only....C class or CLK....both eazy cars. but if it is a CLK be sure to trick the roll-ups befor you cut your patterns.

:poop

Archived