Anyone ever thought of this as a business idea?

Guest thatsnappyguy

guys, lets get something straight...this is a window tinting company. u have a very easy job. all u have to do is tint windows...why are u putting yourself out there in a way thats just gonna give u more headaches. too much BS. how many places u can think of will come and pick up the car, do the work and all that crap again. I takes 1-2 hours to tint a car. if they cant wait...screw em. u cant catter to all thier needs now cuz they are gonna want u to do it next and the time after that and do it for thier homies cars that u already giving them a deal on.

BAD IDEA imo

I offer pickup and delivery people really like that idea...while there at work or busy doing things around the house and it was not that much more on my ins policy... :thumb:nono

I do it. I pick there cars up from work and drop it off or they pick it up. I have customers I have never met, just leave the car and money, lock the keys in the car and they pick it up. My address is not advertised, you need an appointment, it is not a walk in and it works for me. I have insurance and it does cover picking up cars, a shop, a reputation and tint full time and I only do tinting. So yes it is a good Idea and I can say that because I actually do it and have done it for years, never once had a problem :thumb

Has anyone ever opened a tint shop that only did pick up and delivery? :thumb Or maybe that would just be a good idea for a person who wanted to start a business. This way you could be in an area with less expensive rent or in your garage. For the most part it wouldn't matter where your shop was because your customer would never see it. Then down the road after building a customer base move in to a nicer shop with a store front. That way you could have walk-ins as well as pick up and delivery. Seems like it would be very convenient for customers and might be a good nitch in any market. Most of us already offer this type of service for dealerships.

Any thoughts?

You have more to figure out then how to get the customers car tinted and returned. Stay with your day job. :nono

well yes its not a bad idea if u dont plan on ever being a busy tint shop. then u would have alot of time to be driving back and fourth.

I should have made it more clear, I don't only pick up cars for my business, just the ones that can't make it at a scheduled time because of there works hours, there is a trip charge too.

I offer this service in the wintertime but only for 3 reasons :

1. I'm slower and am grateful for the work

2. I live in a city where everything is relativly close so not much driving wherever part of town they are from

3. My insurance that I pay to pick up and deliver dealer work covers me for it anyways

Not for everyone..but these are 3 reasons to do it if you fal into my type of tinting situation where the seasons of being busy is night and day :beer

Archived