Which is the best film for white/light color cars?

Guest kike6543

Guest kike6543

Right now I use Venture for all my installations. Some dealers told me that they use Clearshield for white cars.

What about the maintenance? I use and recommend to my customer Turtle Wax Ice Polish.

Any film recommentation for black/dark color cars?

Thanks

Enrique Betancourt

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Right now I use Venture for all my installations. Some dealers told me that they use Clearshield for white cars.

What about the maintenance? I use and recommend to my customer Turtle Wax Ice Polish.

Thanks

Enrique Betancourt

San Juan, Puerto Rico

By the way how does that Venture hold up in the San Jaun sun... and how long before you become concerned . All films and white cars will become a concern, that question is how long is the time period 6 months , 1 year etc.

Guest TintGal

Thanks

Enrique Betancourt

San Juan, Puerto Rico

I use Venture also, looks great on white and dark cars. The factory edge needs to be trimmed off on dark cars and then it looks virtually invisible. Don't know how much longer Venture will be available because my distributor just told me 3M just bought them out. 3M will either distribute it at a higher price or just dissolve it altogether. :rollin

Guest Josh @ Proform

The reality is almost all reputable films will look good on any color given the right conditions. Its all about the initial film quality (no film is 100% perfect 100% of the time), the quality of the installation, the environment the film is exposed to after the installation and the maintenance practices of the owner.

Test them all and see what works best for you, your environment and your clients.

I use Venture also, looks great on white and dark cars. The factory edge needs to be trimmed off on dark cars and then it looks virtually invisible. Don't know how much longer Venture will be available because my distributor just told me 3M just bought them out. 3M will either distribute it at a higher price or just dissolve it altogether. :rollin

Josh is right on the money...owner maintenance is probably the biggest contributor.

Back in the day, films yellowed due to UV exposure. Manufacturers quickly realized this and now warranty against yellowing (a big reason why we are using extruded urethane and NOT vinyl), but yellowing on these white cars can come from a lot more than UV...namely air pollutants and post-install waxes/sealants which often containt dyes.

Guys have often reported installs that have been garage kept and never seen day yet yellow'd or "waxed" every day and yellow'd. I think we are all still trying to figure out the PERFECT solution.

Guest qatinstaller
I use Venture also, looks great on white and dark cars. The factory edge needs to be trimmed off on dark cars and then it looks virtually invisible. Don't know how much longer Venture will be available because my distributor just told me 3M just bought them out. 3M will either distribute it at a higher price or just dissolve it altogether. :gasp

Roseanna, VS is not going anywhere and with 3M buying them out it is just going to make both films stronger. Pricing should stay the same as well. ( I know this cause I distribute both)

Roseanna, VS is not going anywhere and with 3M buying them out it is just going to make both films stronger. Pricing should stay the same as well. ( I know this cause I distribute both)

You distribute both what is your highline film....V or 3...... :lol2

:gasp

Archived