08 vette

Guest goldtooth

Guest Ervie

I have one of these on friday. Lol im starting to get a tummy ache just thinking about it.

is the 08 a new body style.

any tricks or hints for this bad boy.

Guest thatsnappyguy
I have one of these on friday. Lol im starting to get a tummy ache just thinking about it.

is the 08 a new body style.

any tricks or hints for this bad boy.

done a few...I always use high heat and dry shrink...I never had a problem shrinking this glass..it is a PITA to peel it back to glue the dots...be careful to not pull back beyond the dots so u dont get any dry spots. very tricky...

cellpix013.jpg customer was told,it could not be done in 1 piece ,proved them wrong,even glued the dots :rollin

I am doing a vet just like this tomorrow. Do you have any tips? How did you shrink it and what method do you use? Also, where do you anchor it?

Glue the dots or another method? Appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

Guest Drummmer69

I really hate to beat a dead horse....I have been tinting for about 8 years, took a break for 3 years and am now back at it. I have a Vette just like this to do this week....I already gave it a shot today with terrible results. Im a little foggy on the new ways to do this back glass. I did an 04 some time ago, needless to say it turned out alright after about 4 tries. Ive read about leaving ears to pull....Thats a great idea. Im a little slow on the glue idea. What type of glue should I use? Any other suggestons for somebody a little rusty on these curvy assed glasses?

Thanks

Guest scottydosnntkno
I really hate to beat a dead horse....I have been tinting for about 8 years, took a break for 3 years and am now back at it. I have a Vette just like this to do this week....I already gave it a shot today with terrible results. Im a little foggy on the new ways to do this back glass. I did an 04 some time ago, needless to say it turned out alright after about 4 tries. Ive read about leaving ears to pull....Thats a great idea. Im a little slow on the glue idea. What type of glue should I use? Any other suggestons for somebody a little rusty on these curvy assed glasses?

Thanks

Basically take it very slow and use lowish heat. Yes, leave the 4 corners with "ears" to lift and pull the film when you're shrinking. Look up the global beetle shrink on youtube, its the same thing. anchor 2/3rds up the glass(where its starting to get fat) and shrink little sections at a time. Like the size of a credit card. Go side to side in little pieces, starting with the center. I like to shrink the center down all the way to the bottom with angles to the anchor I guess you could say, then push some of the tension for shrinking the corners to the sides. Eventually you'll get to a point where you need to grasp the film and lift it and apply heat while pulling slightly. Do it a little at a time and let the film pop back down. It will look kind of lumpy when you let it back down, but it will lay up fine. Its easy to overshrink when doing the lift and pull because it doesnt need to lay flat like wet/dry shrinking to lay up nice.

For the glue, use the blue elmers gel glue. Its like $2 for a bottle. Lay it all up like normal, and pull the film back and apply a thin bead and spread it out. Pretty simple.

Archived