08 vette

Guest goldtooth

I really hate to beat a dead horse....I have been tinting for about 8 years, took a break for 3 years and am now back at it. I have a Vette just like this to do this week....I already gave it a shot today with terrible results. Im a little foggy on the new ways to do this back glass. I did an 04 some time ago, needless to say it turned out alright after about 4 tries. Ive read about leaving ears to pull....Thats a great idea. Im a little slow on the glue idea. What type of glue should I use? Any other suggestons for somebody a little rusty on these curvy assed glasses?

Thanks

Basically take it very slow and use lowish heat. Yes, leave the 4 corners with "ears" to lift and pull the film when you're shrinking. Look up the global beetle shrink on youtube, its the same thing. anchor 2/3rds up the glass(where its starting to get fat) and shrink little sections at a time. Like the size of a credit card. Go side to side in little pieces, starting with the center. I like to shrink the center down all the way to the bottom with angles to the anchor I guess you could say, then push some of the tension for shrinking the corners to the sides. Eventually you'll get to a point where you need to grasp the film and lift it and apply heat while pulling slightly. Do it a little at a time and let the film pop back down. It will look kind of lumpy when you let it back down, but it will lay up fine. Its easy to overshrink when doing the lift and pull because it doesnt need to lay flat like wet/dry shrinking to lay up nice.

For the glue, use the blue elmers gel glue. Its like $2 for a bottle. Lay it all up like normal, and pull the film back and apply a thin bead and spread it out. Pretty simple.

No, its not the same thing. The only thing that makes this car difficult is how the glass narrows as it comes towards the rear of the car. The Beetle is different. In this case the film should be left long on the sides with just one anchor in the center of the glass horizontally. You will have to pull the film when shrinking the bottome portion, but in reality, this back glass is easier than a Bettle in my opinion. Take your time at the bottom.

I really hate to beat a dead horse....I have been tinting for about 8 years, took a break for 3 years and am now back at it. I have a Vette just like this to do this week....I already gave it a shot today with terrible results. Im a little foggy on the new ways to do this back glass. I did an 04 some time ago, needless to say it turned out alright after about 4 tries. Ive read about leaving ears to pull....Thats a great idea. Im a little slow on the glue idea. What type of glue should I use? Any other suggestons for somebody a little rusty on these curvy assed glasses?

Thanks

Basically take it very slow and use lowish heat. Yes, leave the 4 corners with "ears" to lift and pull the film when you're shrinking. Look up the global beetle shrink on youtube, its the same thing. anchor 2/3rds up the glass(where its starting to get fat) and shrink little sections at a time. Like the size of a credit card. Go side to side in little pieces, starting with the center. I like to shrink the center down all the way to the bottom with angles to the anchor I guess you could say, then push some of the tension for shrinking the corners to the sides. Eventually you'll get to a point where you need to grasp the film and lift it and apply heat while pulling slightly. Do it a little at a time and let the film pop back down. It will look kind of lumpy when you let it back down, but it will lay up fine. Its easy to overshrink when doing the lift and pull because it doesnt need to lay flat like wet/dry shrinking to lay up nice.

For the glue, use the blue elmers gel glue. Its like $2 for a bottle. Lay it all up like normal, and pull the film back and apply a thin bead and spread it out. Pretty simple.

No, its not the same thing. The only thing that makes this car difficult is how the glass narrows as it comes towards the rear of the car. The Beetle is different. In this case the film should be left long on the sides with just one anchor in the center of the glass horizontally. You will have to pull the film when shrinking the bottome portion, but in reality, this back glass is easier than a Bettle in my opinion. Take your time at the bottom.

:shoot2

Guest autospadesigns

If you look closely... you will see that this is the ZR1 638 h.p Ferarri killer. 1 Pc back window. LLUMAR atr 30 ch front and ATR 15 ch Rear. I actually did 2 of these this week.

zredit5.bmp

If you look closely... you will see that this is the ZR1 638 h.p Ferarri killer. 1 Pc back window. LLUMAR atr 30 ch front and ATR 15 ch Rear. I actually did 2 of these this week.

Corvette ZR1 can beat the base model Ferrari. F430 thats it.

Archived