Q- for Venture

Guest PPFer

This may be a bit edgy for my first post but I, and I'm sure most other folks, are tired of the miss-information that has run a muck in the PPF industry.

On a different forum I read this posted by Brett from Venture concerning the Xpel film and Avery:

"On the contrary mate; we have a laboratory with extensive analysis capabilities. We have confirmed, with a 99.9% match, that the new X-Pel film is an Avery urethane, an Avery adhesive, with an Avery topcoat.

Why do you think Avery was not exhibitng PPF at this years' SEMA show?"

What I just do not understand is Avery was at SEMA in fact your booth was a few spots over from the Avery booth, which had a black Ferrari. I spoke with Max from Avery at their booth. Furthermore, I and many others have asked Avery if the manufacture Xpels product and they state they do not, "why create more competition for our selves?", which makes sense. Additionally, you know that all the major PPF manufacturers buy the raw urethane from the same source (before processing and extruding), so of course the urethane will test the same.

Perhaps what disturbs me the most is the fact that Avery is one of the few large corps in the industry that have not tried to push out small business by direct selling to dealerships they know are already being service by their installers, which 3m (Ventures parent company now) and Xpel have done to many long time installers.

Why would you make these statements?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Josh @ Proform

hhhmmm... I imagine Brett's statement might be taken out of context, because I was there working the Avery booth with Mike and Max, and I believe I spoke with Brett at the Venture booth during the show. As always, Brett was professional and open to discussion. I can also say for sure Avery (automotive division) is not manufacturing Xpel's film.

Guest Revolution

what is the big hang up on who is making what? this must be the third post about the subject in as many weeks. :spit

I thought we agreed we wanted to keep this forum open, for all intent and purposes to relevent discussion, not pointless agueing about a subject that we have no say in ,I.e. who manufactures what for whom and why.

I only see post like that above as stirring up a confrontational response.

whats the point?

:mellow:

what is the big hang up on who is making what? this must be the third post about the subject in as many weeks. :spit

I thought we agreed we wanted to keep this forum open, for all intent and purposes to relevent discussion, not pointless agueing about a subject that we have no say in ,I.e. who manufactures what for whom and why.

I only see post like that above as stirring up a confrontational response.

whats the point?

:thumb

Seems a fair question given what has been alleged on here about the film source :mellow:

"I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm sure you all know that a company with annual sales of $3,000,000 and a staff of 20 odd who have never made a profit, could NEVER afford to build a plant, hire factory personnel and make their own product.

Spread the truth! "

Guest Venture

Without trying to kick a dead horse.....

I did not say Avery MAKE the film. I said the component raw materials were made by Avery. I do not know who is manufacturing it for them, although I can guarantee that it is not being made in San Antonio.

Does it really matter? No :mellow:

As a salesmanager, all products are competitors to us, no matter how, when, or where they are made.

I will let you, the installer, make the decision as to which is best.

PS. All of our posts are open to anyone at any time at www.ventureshield.com/forums

We let everyone enter and say their piece. This would include Tango2 - A.K.A *EDIT

I'm curious why these people try to hide their identity when their posts are a dead giveaway for who they are! :spit

I'm curious why these people try to hide their identity when their posts are a dead giveaway for who they are! :spit

amen to that....some members can be picked out of any crowd on any forum. doesn't matter what they're calling themselves :mellow:

Archived