Q- for Venture

Guest PPFer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest socalkid

the lifetime warranty is through Venture Shield and in order for them to do that the film's thickness had to be doubled. The 3M Scotchhard film still retains its 5 year warranty.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
as the PPF turns...what will happen next week :lol:lol2

:lol and so are the days of..... oh wait, wrong opera :lol2

ppf forum has gone to :lol2

code brown :lol2

code-brown.gif

:lol2:thumb

Please. You guys need to chill out.......... :tw

Post some pictures of your work....maybe tell us who you use ...and why you like em....thats all.

Try not to get into p1ss1ng matches here...PLEASE....TD will shut this forum down...because of cry babies.

:lol2

BEST POST EVER :lol:lol2 I don't do alot of PPF, but it's nice to learn/read about it, not read peoples AGENDAS with one another :beer

I did not say Avery MAKE the film. I said the component raw materials were made by Avery.

Spoke with my avery rep and he said Avery's tests of the Xpel film revield the uncanny similarity that Brett is referring to, but noted there was are differences and they do not nor do they plan to make any part of some other PPF company's film.

My goal, like many other's, is simple...uncovering the truth and holding buisness to a higher business ethic than what they may have become a custom to.

I have heard some crazy things over my years in PPF and waste valuable time correcting common misconspections when I could be installing. Addressing missinformation at its beginning reguardless of its implications is the responsibility of all those who care to build this industry and an online forum not funded by a PPF corporation and completely open to the public is the best way to do this. (Venture must first approve your posts before they can be viewed by others)

Not every critisim is slander and sometimes people need to be called out. Just look at the government and you'll see what happens when people in power are not held to a higher standard.

I still do not understand why Venture said Avery did not exhibit their film at SEMA when I and many others (including the Venture reps at the show) know they were there. Just does not make sense, then again, not much on the corporate level does in the PPF world.

Spoke with my avery rep and he said Avery's tests of the Xpel film revield the uncanny similarity that Brett is referring to, but noted there was are differences and they do not nor do they plan to make any part of some other PPF company's film.

My goal, like many other's, is simple...uncovering the truth and holding buisness to a higher business ethic than what they may have become a custom to.

I have heard some crazy things over my years in PPF and waste valuable time correcting common misconspections when I could be installing. Addressing missinformation at its beginning reguardless of its implications is the responsibility of all those who care to build this industry and an online forum not funded by a PPF corporation and completely open to the public is the best way to do this. (Venture must first approve your posts before they can be viewed by others)

Not every critisim is slander and sometimes people need to be called out. Just look at the government and you'll see what happens when people in power are not held to a higher standard.

I still do not understand why Venture said Avery did not exhibit their film at SEMA when I and many others (including the Venture reps at the show) know they were there. Just does not make sense, then again, not much on the corporate level does in the PPF world.

study most of the corporate world in tint and you will find the same

We find the same misconceptions in the tint world too :evilgrin

I've been installing Avery for the last three years and have already gone through a few rolls of Xpel's film.

The Avery film is lots stronger and will stretch farther without distorting. The Xpel film has a tackier adhesive. The widths are different too, Avery being a bit wider. The only thing they have in common is a white backing paper as far as I can tell.

Looking through this thread, the only post without some kind of hidden identity is Josh at Proform so before anyone can throw those stones, they need to check their own handle. We all want the same thing here, for PPF to get noticed by the rest of the world and each of us can do our part. A rising tide raises all the ships in the harbor and every step forward one of us makes will eventually help the rest. Most of us have made plenty of mistakes along the way and become vocal when we see someone heading off in the wrong direction.

One of my biggest concerns is warrany lenght. I only offer 2 years period even though film I use has seven. The film in the picture had a lifetime warranty and after three years deteriorated to the point even small impacts were penetrating the film and damaging the paint.

post-728-1196949307.jpg

post-728-1196949597.jpg

Archived