Do you file your edge

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Stan whats your take on using the exacto for shaving ? I think I've seen one of your videos of you doing it . Thanks

It sets you ahead of the other shops (IMO) if you use it as a sells tool. I can't find the vid I had on Utube guess I should make another or........................................... I sell the full version :headbang Just practice with a #11 blade, it should take about 3-4 hours to get it down. I can say what works best for you is the right way for sure! :nono

Stan

Guest De4thMet4LKing00

I also NEVER "file" an edge. I am not sure why you all have to do that. I cut everything by hand and leave just the slightest micro edge and I have NEVER had any comebacks for peeling, etc. Someone please explain why this is needed

I also NEVER "file" an edge. I am not sure why you all have to do that. I cut everything by hand and leave just the slightest micro edge and I have NEVER had any comebacks for peeling, etc. Someone please explain why this is needed

The reason for filing is so there is no gap. Its not needed on roll ups but for the frameless I think you should cause its just so easy to do. whether you file, shave, micro-edge its all good to each his own.

The reason for filing is so there is no gap. Its not needed on roll ups but for the frameless I think you should cause its just so easy to do. whether you file, shave, micro-edge its all good to each his own.

It just looks great and is a easy upsale even if it is no better :rollin Again the way each one of us do it is the right way or we would do it differant :rollin

We shave because it makes us $$...... If we don't get more per door then we 'throw it in if you let us start the car now'

We haven't had any peeling issues at all and it only adds maybe 15 - 30 seconds per door.

Plus.. in a down market like we ALL are in... The only way to grow is gobble up market share.... and it's much easier to do that by offering something the competition doesn't.. :rollin

Guest naughtydog
We shave because it makes us $$...... If we don't get more per door then we 'throw it in if you let us start the car now'

We haven't had any peeling issues at all and it only adds maybe 15 - 30 seconds per door.

Plus.. in a down market like we ALL are in... The only way to grow is gobble up market share.... and it's much easier to do that by offering something the competition doesn't.. :rollin

Do you work for Stan CCNW?

Archived