Do you file your edge

No..... He's on the other side of the river (about 45min drive away)

I have had dealings with him.. I personally think stan is a great guy and has built an incredible business.

:dunno In fact.... He's got part of that market share I would like to take a bite out of! :thumb

if only we were closer.. Haha...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

File edge ALLWAYS , Why ??? it DOES look better then a micro edge doesn't matter how good you are at it !!! In my area its a standard procedure. If you want you're custy to pay for the best he aspects the best . Its pretty easy to learn and to do while using the right tools ...Down side : it takes a bit longer ( 5 min) p/window .. I back up shaving for a 100% BTW ( I think it even goes faster then filing )very nice finish.

I also NEVER "file" an edge. I am not sure why you all have to do that. I cut everything by hand and leave just the slightest micro edge and I have NEVER had any comebacks for peeling, etc. Someone please explain why this is needed

In 1993, when I started auto tinting, a "micro edge" was up to 1". And very commonly, the jobs from outside California where tint laws were und customer expectation were apparently lax (we were actually trying to hide the fact that the material was aftermarket, due to strict laws)

anyways....as I was saying,

at that time "micro edges were commonly seen at 3/8s of an inch.

So it is with that historical background that many old-schoolers never took up the now popular "micro-edge" which still sometimes are not so micro.

Amen

Guest mattstronguk
has anybody tried using sand paper stuck to a hard stiff surface

I gota ask why? but even better..................... how does it work?

I have tried p400wet and dry wrapped tight around a mini maglight! works well, try it.

Guest kuppa

thanks someone tried it I knew I wasnt the only one to think if it the way I figure is it would be smoother then a file smoother means better look and better product and doesn sound so bad to boot

Guest kuppa
has anybody tried using sand paper stuck to a hard stiff surface

I gota ask why? but even better..................... how does it work?

the same but better is my theory

Guest OnTheDarkside

Is using an Olfa to do the shaved edge not common practice?

Reason I'm asking is I practiced the method yesterday on the outer window of my truck with scrap tint, and found that, 1. didnt take long to learn, 2. errors/reapplies still happen lol, 3. common Olfa seemed to do the trick.

I couldnt feel any overlaping tint along the edge and after many roll up attempts the tint still stuck.

?? :flip

Archived