Socialization

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it all starts with the HOME not the not the town or the hood your in...if the people in your household are involved with the kids and show support and guidance with family values everything is fine....you can get a rich kid with no guidance and no values and hes just as bad off as the poor one with no guidance...parents these days have to be a part of the kids everyday lives and be on top of the situation ..as far as friends chores curfews and pc online use we have to encourage good grades and study habits and be involved with the help of that...we have to be involved with the schools and the teachers and be involved with the extra help if they need it and enforce it as well....there are a lot of programs offered for the kids if we look past are nose instead of complaining about how much there is not....people take great pride in helping a student LOOKING for the help but take no pride in a student who will waste there time...again in my :krazy it all starts in the home front and how involved the parents or guardians are with there kids....trash parents turn out trash kids involvement is the KEY issue.... :krazy

You're right ...But how you can you teach you're kids these family valeus if nobody has shown you in the first place ???? The problem is bigger then this and only gonna grow wurse with out help from outside of this breadingpond . A good aducation system could be a salution to turn the situation around ...but as long this isn't a major priority for the people there isn't gonna be a gouvernment to make it happen ....Building a good scool is easy ..changing mentality is gonna be the hard part. just my :krazy

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Poor Harold's parents ....they did the best they could with what they had to work with :krazy

:krazy Even though this is in the foo, I will refrain from responding to that :krazy

Guest FilmBlazer
Personally, I think we need far less government, not more. They have overstepped their bounds constantly and as far as schools, we already spend more that anyone else and we have very poorly educated children, because the schools are all about indoctrination, not education.

Just my :krazy

You said it. Preach on brother Tintdude.... Preach on. This country is going to hell in a handbag over the course of 8 years and one shitehead president. We REALLY NEED THE YOUNG PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY TO GET OUT AND VOTE. The amount of voters we have in this country is appalling. Nearly 50% of Americans never get out and vote. Do you think this happens in other free nations!?!

The key word here TD is FAR less gov't. I couldn't agree with you more.

Guest FilmBlazer
I think it all starts with the HOME not the not the town or the hood your in...if the people in your household are involved with the kids and show support and guidance with family values everything is fine....you can get a rich kid with no guidance and no values and hes just as bad off as the poor one with no guidance...parents these days have to be a part of the kids everyday lives and be on top of the situation ..as far as friends chores curfews and pc online use we have to encourage good grades and study habits and be involved with the help of that...we have to be involved with the schools and the teachers and be involved with the extra help if they need it and enforce it as well....there are a lot of programs offered for the kids if we look past are nose instead of complaining about how much there is not....people take great pride in helping a student LOOKING for the help but take no pride in a student who will waste there time...again in my :krazy it all starts in the home front and how involved the parents or guardians are with there kids....trash parents turn out trash kids involvement is the KEY issue.... :krazy

I agree with this to a certain extent. When a child comes to a certain age he/she is able to start making decisions on their own. There are many other influences in a child's life besides his parents and siblings. While I agree with you for the most part, it is not quite as simple as this might sound.

Guest FilmBlazer
At some point in time, regardless of age, accepting responsibility for a persons own actions would be nice.

Instead, it is always someone elses fault.

I agree, but if morals and ethical behavior is not passed from parent/teacher/rolemodel/peers, the child will most likely have a skewed sense of what is right/wrong/acceptable. By the time these children become adults they are nothing more than clones of their underachieving parents and ancestors before them.

Compare a child who grows up in a crack house, whose parents do not express the importance of education or display behavior deemed acceptable to a child who grows up in middle class religious home with a stay at home parent. Obviously certain values will be embedded within one child and not the other. Its sad and I prefer not to think about it anymore!

Archived