Playa Del Carmen

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was there a couple of years ago. I suggest you get the currency values down before you go so you don't pay too much for something by mistake. When buying souvenirs always negotiate with the seller. They will highball you first to see if you will pay it. Alot of places except US money. Be careful crossing the streets, they drive like maniacs down there. Pack plenty of bottled water in your suitcases. Get familiar where the American restaurant chains are located in case you dont like what the local establishments dont fit your tastes. Native Mexican food is very different from American Mexican restaurants. DON'T DRINK THE WATER OR BRUSH YOUR TEETH WITH THE WATER...USE BOTTLED WATER. Take one of those mini boat tours that take you out on the reef to snorkel, you drive these little 2 man speed boats through the canal to the reefs. Don't be shocked when you see topless women on the beaches, alot of European vacationers go there and this is very natural for them to do. I was always wearing mirrored sunglasses when on the beach so I could sneak a peek....lol Other than that...Have a Blast while I am shoveling the 4 inches of snow that fell lastnight.....

Was there a couple of years ago. I suggest you get the currency values down before you go so you don't pay too much for something by mistake. When buying souvenirs always negotiate with the seller. They will highball you first to see if you will pay it. Alot of places except US money. Be careful crossing the streets, they drive like maniacs down there. Pack plenty of bottled water in your suitcases. Get familiar where the American restaurant chains are located in case you dont like what the local establishments dont fit your tastes. Native Mexican food is very different from American Mexican restaurants. DON'T DRINK THE WATER OR BRUSH YOUR TEETH WITH THE WATER...USE BOTTLED WATER. Take one of those mini boat tours that take you out on the reef to snorkel, you drive these little 2 man speed boats through the canal to the reefs. Don't be shocked when you see topless women on the beaches, alot of European vacationers go there and this is very natural for them to do. I was always wearing mirrored sunglasses when on the beach so I could sneak a peek....lol Other than that...Have a Blast while I am shoveling the 4 inches of snow that fell lastnight.....

Thanks for the all the tips :shock , most of these things I do know , first time in Playa Del Carmen , however I'm well travelled now in the caribbean ..I think this will be about my 10th trip down now 2 times to Cuba, 1 time Jamaica , 3 times Dominican republic, 1 time Tampico and now 3 times Mayan Riviera :evilgrin

In case people haven't guessed , I don't like the cold :shock

Archived