the reason 3M bought Venture

Guest bigboyk2000

Guest bigboyk2000

Just got off the phone with an MM rep. He said they are not interested in using Ventures products. The reason for the purchase was for the factory, MM wants to have the capability of producing 60in roles of PPF. He also said that MM has terminated its contract with xpel and purchased star shield out of California and are setting up software systems to allow computer cutting by Feb of this year.

The vibe I got from the rep is that MM is trying to set up Car Dealerships with bundle packadges (tint, PPF, plotter, and No Fault warraties) and just like many other distributors/manufacturers trying to cash in on the greed of the car dealers by offer mark up items at a low cost to the car lot.

Good! I hope 3M does get to produce wider rolls :poke

Good! I hope they also come up with a competitive patterning system :poke

Good! I hope they introduce another expensive system to try and sell new car dealerships.... The only folks who need to worry about that are the vendors that don't provide the level of service/support to satisfy the dealers needs.... Good for us... bad for the competition :thumb

The vibe I got from the rep is that MM is trying to set up Car Dealerships with bundle packadges (tint, PPF, plotter, and No Fault warraties) and just like many other distributors/manufacturers trying to cash in on the greed of the car dealers by offer mark up items at a low cost to the car lot.

well...isn't that nice of 3M to try and cut all of their dealers out the game. :thumb

PPF had nothing to do with 3M's purchase of Venture. Venture was just like 3M south of the equator...they were huge, 3M bought em out to take over the whole market.

3M could make as big of rolls of PPF as they want to...........They didnt buy Venture for PPF........ :thumb

:poke

PPF had nothing to do with 3M's purchase of Venture. Venture was just like 3M south of the equator...they were huge, 3M bought em out to take over the whole market.

3M could make as big of rolls of PPF as they want to...........They didnt buy Venture for PPF........ :poke

:poke

PPF had nothing to do with 3M's purchase of Venture. Correct 3M industrial purchased Venture for their INDUSTRIAL product portfolio, Ventureshield was kind of a freebie with the deal if you will :thumb

Venture was just like 3M south of the equator...they were huge Not even close 3M is by far the dominant player in the rest of the world in ppf Their Trimeline network in Germany alone ,moves more ppf than almost all the players combined in the rest of the world (film manufacturers that is)

3M bought em out to take over the whole market Not the case see the first post above (also check 3M's press releases on the subject)

3M could make as big of rolls of PPF as they want to........... Sadly not true either wholesalers and installers were asking for over two years for larger roll sizes than 48*" in may 3M employees were whispering that there were plans for a new plant or plants to make larger film sizes but this would not probably be a reality untill 09 plans were said to include new plants in Russia, the far east (china was the one suggested) as well as possibly Latin America and Europe, this was at the same time as the deal was being kicked around between the two players and at that time AAD had no knowledge of it I asked them when I heard whispers well before anything went public.

The deal was Never about ppf that is absolutely on the money. that being said this is the same stuff that was circulating back at the start of all this and was being put around by reps so who knows? old news but intriguing nonetheless :lol2

Guest haroldshouseoftint

3M could make as big of rolls of PPF as they want to...........They didnt buy Venture for PPF........ :poke

:thumb

PPF had nothing to do with 3M's purchase of Venture. Correct 3M industrial purchased Venture for their INDUSTRIAL product portfolio, Ventureshield was kind of a freebie with the deal if you will :lol2

Venture was just like 3M south of the equator...they were huge Not even close 3M is by far the dominant player in the rest of the world in ppf Their Trimeline network in Germany alone ,moves more ppf than almost all the players combined in the rest of the world (film manufacturers that is)

3M bought em out to take over the whole market Not the case see the first post above (also check 3M's press releases on the subject)

3M could make as big of rolls of PPF as they want to........... Sadly not true either wholesalers and installers were asking for over two years for larger roll sizes than 48*" in may 3M employees were whispering that there were plans for a new plant or plants to make larger film sizes but this would not probably be a reality untill 09 plans were said to include new plants in Russia, the far east (china was the one suggested) as well as possibly Latin America and Europe, this was at the same time as the deal was being kicked around between the two players and at that time AAD had no knowledge of it I asked them when I heard whispers well before anything went public.

The deal was Never about ppf that is absolutely on the money. that being said this is the same stuff that was circulating back at the start of all this and was being put around by reps so who knows? old news but intriguing nonetheless :)

:poke I guess 1 outta 4 aint bad :lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2

PPF had nothing to do with 3M's purchase of Venture. Correct 3M industrial purchased Venture for their INDUSTRIAL product portfolio, Ventureshield was kind of a freebie with the deal if you will :poke

The deal was Never about ppf that is absolutely on the money. that being said this is the same stuff that was circulating back at the start of all this and was being put around by reps so who knows? old news but intriguing nonetheless :poke

OWNED :thumb

Archived