gearing up for spring 08

Get a dealer marketing kit and knock on some doors......... :lol2

Get with some GM's..and or Owners.......set up a time to meet....I would have thier F&I guy there aswell....Service manager never hurts to have in the room. Talk to em ...sell yourself and the product.......educate em.

Just be sure to tell em they can make some" free money" with a quality product.....and boost thier CSI.......The F&I guy will fall in love with you............ :lol2

Good Luck.

Get out there and make it happen................. :lol2

:lol2

The dealers need damage control, too many have been screwed over by bad work. I have a dealer that will only send someone to me if they cannot be convinced not to get PPF because of the bad work they had fom another installer :lol2 too bad.

I know something is going on down south around the Youngstown and Columbus areas. I have had more than normal customers come from more than an hour away and they all say they can't find anyone good down there, maybe thats a good place to start convincing dealers that there are people out there that know what they're doing :lol2

Guest qatinstaller
looking for ideas on getting more dealer work. have a decent amount of retail but want more new stuff. we currently use venture but are considering a change. just looking for some guidance.

Door Cups, Door Cups, Door Cups!!!!! A good filler for those "slow" days is preloading entire lots with door cups. In the long run it can save the dealer money on the new cars because they don't have to remove the scratches in their detail departments. Low cost to the dealer, but if you can get the dealer to do the whole lot, and stay on top of them as the new cars come in, it can be very profitable.

Trevor

1/3 of the dealers are clueless ... others have bad taste from shoty installers and yellow/ chapped films. [Hence anit hearing no sh8t about new/gen films]. The GM of the local Caddy dealer said the only customers that consider the PPF are the Roadster buyers. All the other models are lease custy's and they would push the wear warranty's first... better value more coverage. Leasing is bigger than ever in my parts

First off, I got some brochures made with my company name but no contact information other than a specific dealership. Going in with "factory" literature from Avery, 3M, Ventue... will give some customers enough information to price shop and may lead them to your competition. Sure, anyone can go home and google information, but I'd prefer not to hand them a map.

bifold.jpg

Next make up a specific brand catalog showing what's included.

Porshebook.jpg

Porschebook2.jpg

Of course you'll want a price sheet. Best keep it simple, at least at first, X for the upper Y for the lowers. I'd base the price on what you think they'll sell the most of. If one is way more expensive just say something like the price is for all the different cars except Corvettes for example. I like to take in 2 different sheets, one price sheet they get TODAY if you can do business, the other is $100 higher if they have to think about it. Its a take-off on the old "Whata we got to do to sell you this car TODAY?" back in their faces.

Display stands are nice but are pricey for a good one. I also use big signs just in the window. Customers will walk right past the car on the showroom if there's nothing to point out the film.

bk997showroom1.jpg

bk997showroom.jpg

997shoroom.jpg

sign.jpg

Each car gets a warranty card with care instructions filled out and signed by the installer.

Good customer service and great looking installs will always be more important than any fluff you can come up with, but the dealerships like as many selling tools in their hands as possible. It took a long time to get all these things in place in the showroom a little at a time but they keep me so busy now its crazy.

First off, I got some brochures made with my company name but no contact information other than a specific dealership. Going in with "factory" literature from Avery, 3M, Ventue... will give some customers enough information to price shop and may lead them to your competition. Sure, anyone can go home and google information, but I'd prefer not to hand them a map.

bifold.jpg

Next make up a specific brand catalog showing what's included.

Porshebook.jpg

Porschebook2.jpg

Of course you'll want a price sheet. Best keep it simple, at least at first, X for the upper Y for the lowers. I'd base the price on what you think they'll sell the most of. If one is way more expensive just say something like the price is for all the different cars except Corvettes for example. I like to take in 2 different sheets, one price sheet they get TODAY if you can do business, the other is $100 higher if they have to think about it. Its a take-off on the old "Whata we got to do to sell you this car TODAY?" back in their faces.

Display stands are nice but are pricey for a good one. I also use big signs just in the window. Customers will walk right past the car on the showroom if there's nothing to point out the film.

bk997showroom1.jpg

bk997showroom.jpg

997shoroom.jpg

sign.jpg

Each car gets a warranty card with care instructions filled out and signed by the installer.

Good customer service and great looking installs will always be more important than any fluff you can come up with, but the dealerships like as many selling tools in their hands as possible. It took a long time to get all these things in place in the showroom a little at a time but they keep me so busy now its crazy.

Very upscale lit. More buyers in that dealer

Archived