old tint removal

im removing some 35 year old silver 35...using a 4 inch blade to strip it then another to clean the glue off and then final with a white scrubby pad...squeegy and wipe edges and re-apply new film

im working in a office builing with people at their desks so no ammonia....I have to keep the smells down

I keep hearin about the smell and its just the old films glue.

MY KEYYYYYY BOARDSUCESDK

im removing some 35 year old silver 35...using a 4 inch blade to strip it then another to clean the glue off and then final with a white scrubby pad...squeegy and wipe edges and re-apply new film

im working in a office builing with people at their desks so no ammonia....I have to keep the smells down

I keep hearin about the smell and its just the old films glue.

Hey you didnt lowball that office building I posted about last week are you....lol

Guest Tintin' Magician

I used to use a little fan to circulate the air as I was removing the old film. Of course, that makes a bad mess if the film is delaminating. :nope

Guest General Sun Shield
bag it with your mounting solution and if the sun is shining it will help a bunch.....ammonia is not necessary....

:thumb Depending how old the film is ,and what type of adhesive,,,it may smell pretty nasty without the ammonia.

Ive had people clear out of the area at times the min I removed the film!

Archived