Wagner Wallpaper Steamer

Questions for those that use the Wagner wallpaper steamer from HD....

1) does it REALLY take 20 minutes to start to work as stated on the box ???

2) Which attachment do you use at the end of the hose for steam'n off film ? Do you use one of the 'bricks' it comes with ??

Thanks...

it takes forever to heat up

didnt use an attachment

heats up to flesh burning magma temp

spits out scalding hot water intermittently along with steam

be prepared for fun and excitement while using this steamer :evilgrin

still have burn scars on my forearm from happy adventures of fun and excitement with the wagner wall paper steamer

have since moved on to a Reliable t 730 A steamer

Questions for those that use the Wagner wallpaper steamer from HD....

1) does it REALLY take 20 minutes to start to work as stated on the box ???

2) Which attachment do you use at the end of the hose for steam'n off film ? Do you use one of the 'bricks' it comes with ??

Thanks...

it takes forever to heat up

didnt use an attachment

heats up to flesh burning magma temp

spits out scalding hot water intermittently along with steam

be prepared for fun and excitement while using this steamer :cool

still have burn scars on my forearm from happy adventures of fun and excitement with the wagner wall paper steamer

have since moved on to a Reliable t 730 A steamer

:evilgrin:lol The wagner will spit some boiling hot water out from time to time. If you fill it only half way it heats up alot quicker and doesn't spit at you as much but a jiffy steamer is the professionals choice :thumb

Guest CleanCutter

the Conair steamer from Walmart works just as well as any of my Jiffy Steamers ever have - and it wasn't but all of about $40 I think.

I bought one when in a pinch far away from the shop and badly needed to get some film off very large and fragile windows. Was skeptical about it at first, but if it ever burns up, I'll buy another before the Jiffy. Mine heats up in about a minute or so and is hotter than Hades and spits out a pretty heavy flow of steam.

The large steam head it comes with isn't real great for getting film off tight places on a car (works fine on flat glass), but for a $40 steamer, you won't feel bad about cutting the end of the hose off and modifying it to use a single outlet tube like a Jiffy (and you'll probably want to make the hose a touch longer) - or not, you can take the steamer body with you into the car ... so not much need for a really long hose (you just take the hose stand off the body).

gc_gs7r.jpg

Archived