any suggestions

Guest tintgod

Guest tintgod
Seems like Brett from Ventue would have a solution for the spots but he hasn't posted anything here for two months. Anyone know if he's still in PPF since 3M hooked up with Starshield for their patterns?

why dont you call venture and find out.. :thumb

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote name='guest' date='Feb 1 2008, 09:19 PM' post='588338']

"It rained a little today and the car then dried in the hot sun. I have water spots on the hood and front fenders. How or what will take them off? I tried polish and cleaner. Any ideas??"

this is a email that I got from a client of mine that I just did his vette about 2 weeks ago..anyone have any suggestions for him...this is the first time I have had someone ask this?

the product is ventureshield ultra.

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

why dont you call venture and find out.. :thumb

Not trying to be rude or disrespectful so please don't take this wrong. I know you said this is the first time you've had to ask but why didn't you call your Venture rep about your customer's issues first? I'm sure Brett would have preferred that you called him for some helpful advice before posting that two week old film already has spots that won't come off from a little rain. What if Joe Consumer googles ventureshield ultra and sees the thread? Its already #6 and 7.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=v...amp;btnG=Search

Even if you find an easy solution, Joe might not even read past your initial question and go with something else.

Good luck with the customer, I know acid rain is a bitch here too and we can't be held responsible for acts of nature, no matter how minor. If that were the case, when Mount St. Helens blows again, all of us would be screwed.

Guest tintgod
quote name='guest' date='Feb 1 2008, 09:19 PM' post='588338']

"It rained a little today and the car then dried in the hot sun. I have water spots on the hood and front fenders. How or what will take them off? I tried polish and cleaner. Any ideas??"

this is a email that I got from a client of mine that I just did his vette about 2 weeks ago..anyone have any suggestions for him...this is the first time I have had someone ask this?

the product is ventureshield ultra.

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Not trying to be rude or disrespectful so please don't take this wrong. I know you said this is the first time you've had to ask but why didn't you call your Venture rep about your customer's issues first? I'm sure Brett would have preferred that you called him for some helpful advice before posting that two week old film already has spots that won't come off from a little rain. What if Joe Consumer googles ventureshield ultra and sees the thread? Even if you find an easy solution, Joe might not even read past your initial question and go with something else.

Good luck with the customer, I know acid rain is a bitch here too and we can't be held responsible for acts of nature, no matter how minor. If that were the case, when Mount St. Helens blows again, all of us would be screwed.

you do have a point...I can admit when I screwed up.. :lol:thumb

Not trying to be rude or disrespectful so please don't take this wrong. I know you said this is the first time you've had to ask but why didn't you call your Venture rep about your customer's issues first? I'm sure Brett would have preferred that you called him for some helpful advice before posting that two week old film already has spots that won't come off from a little rain. What if Joe Consumer googles ventureshield ultra and sees the thread? Its already #6 and 7.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=v...amp;btnG=Search

Even if you find an easy solution, Joe might not even read past your initial question and go with something else.

Why are you faulting TG for asking about a good way to get rid of the spots, he certainly won't be the only person to encounter this, so instead of discouraging him from asking about it, I'd like him to post about the solution to this problem when he finds it so that others can be helped too. :thumb

you do have a point...I can admit when I screwed up.. :lol:lol

No problem TG. Just didn't want to give you the wrong impression or I was flaming anyone. Kinda have a bad habit of that so trying to be more careful about how I word things. :thumb

I know its a lot easier to just ask on the forum because you can count on getting at least one straight answer from someone that's already figured out what works instead of getting a tap dance from your film rep, but at least they should always get the first shot at a fix. If ya'll only knew how many times I've had to call HQ over the years...there was a period where they would have made more money off of me if they'd had a 900 help line than for film or downloads.

Guest tintgod

**************UPDATE******************

Just got off the phone with the client...he washed the vehicle and applied PLEXUS on the film as recommended by the manufacture ..and he said "everything is good to go"..NO PROBLEM.. :beer

**************UPDATE******************

Just got off the phone with the client...he washed the vehicle and applied PLEXUS on the film as recommended by the manufacture ..and he said "everything is good to go"..NO PROBLEM.. :tantrum

There you go no need to go nuts to fix it another happy customer who will be coming back to you nice one :beer

Archived