any suggestions

Guest tintgod

OK This is a gag right?

I mean water spots will come straight off film just by giving the car a wash and using a wash leather to dry it off, unless they are not water spots? Why would anyone use a heatgun to take waterspots out of film?? Is he going to do this after every rainstorm???

Cheers

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what venture suggests to use so if anyone that has had an actual problem and fix, it would be nice to hear from you because these reponses seem amature. I have used it and it works, the sun helps too so if he can use this and if he can give it time to see if the sun will take care of blemishes which in most cases it does. Maybe you won't have to replace the film. Does he have pictures, the car is silver isn't it? Lightly rub the compound on then and take it off like wax then wax it and see how it turns out.

http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-cleaner-polis...-Cleaner-Polish

I say tell the jackass to wash his car and shut up. fuggin' corvette owners :nohit: it's not some "special car" that needs "special treatment". if it were a kia spectra with ventureshield on it all you guys would have said to tell the guy to wash his car. so tell the guy to wash his "corvette". :evileye it's rain holy crap. :ninja

Does this Vette dude use sealer/wax combo? I have a client who does this multi step detail on black and I let water dry after a rince. He had issues with water spots on OEM finish. I told him it was his problem... I did not want to hear him bitch about wash mit marks e.t.c. He then admitted to his over use of sealer. ... In your case the film may have reacted different with the FL. SUN.. It is always one thing or another with these Chevy peps.

This is what venture suggests to use so if anyone that has had an actual problem and fix, it would be nice to hear from you because these reponses seem amature. I have used it and it works, the sun helps too so if he can use this and if he can give it time to see if the sun will take care of blemishes which in most cases it does. Maybe you won't have to replace the film. Does he have pictures, the car is silver isn't it? Lightly rub the compound on then and take it off like wax then wax it and see how it turns out.

http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-cleaner-polis...-Cleaner-Polish

I dont think any of the responses are immature I think (imho) most people are just surprised that any waterspot would be that big a deal.

anyone installing ppf of any kind on any car will have had a waterspotting problem from time to time (especially in Hard water areas) if a customer or an installer doesnt know how to fix that go to a detailing forum (theres one on here right) and learn how to wash a car properly?

Heatguns and compoumds are (or should be) massive overkill for a bit of waterspotting. Six years doing this never had to take a gun out for watermarks :lol2

Cheers

:hmmm

I'd say just wash the vehicle, you people have car washes out there right :rollin

Try rubbing (Isopropyl) alcohol :evileye I remember seeing a thread about that taking blems outta the film :poop:rollin

yep, tell your custy to go buy some 70% Isopropyl rubbing alcohol....32oz..1quart. 1.79 maybe 2 bucks anywhere.

pour the alcohol on the clear bra...maybe even spread it out with his hand..cover the surface of the bra..and let it evaporate on it's own..repeate if need be. just have him wipe it down with a damp soft paper towel...BOUNTY if possible......... :evileye

all the scratches will go away or rain spots. this process is alot cheaper then highend wax.............. :thumb

:poop

Archived