Audi R8 in California

Guest Deeptint

Guest Deeptint

Hello All,

Just wanted to share with everyone that I had the privledge of working on this new Audi-$158,00! What A car! I understand that they are pretty rare. Does anyone know how many have been made? This one was a two tone dark gray /light gray. The job turned out great. :twocents

Last February Audi had a regional introduction of the new TT for the SE sales reps at Atlanta Motor Speedway and brought along a handfull of brand spanking new, hand built Euro spec R8s to show them off and give some VIP rides. Here's what the bumper looked like after 8 laps.

R8hammered.jpg

Some how, some way, (Thank you GOD!) somebody had my number and I got the call. I thought they were taking about the A8 sedans at first. When I got there, I was told I was the first non-Audi person to get this close to them and was not allowed to even take pictures. Here's the pictures. :popcorn

R8sgarage.jpg

R8bulked.jpg

R8gray.jpg

R8blue.jpg

R8black.jpg

R8rearimpact.jpg

R8engine.jpg

R8dash.jpg

Its Avery topcoat, 48 x 92 I think. Bulked the first one on a Friday and that took almost all day, they had nine more they wanted done before the end of the following week. I only had 4 days so I called Xpel and they flew down a designer over the weekend and I had patterns by Tuesday. They had more for me to do later that summer at Miami-Homestead and Infineon Raceways for the Audi Sportscar Experience. Finally got to see the West Coast! :rimshot

miamiR8.jpg

InfineonR8.jpg

Archived