so im thinking about buying the uscutter 50"

carolinatinter

I know I have read that it cuts kinda slow and is somewhat loud but besides that, has anyone had real problems with these plotters such as mechanical faults?

I got a place for the vinyl and all that but now will need to become a font hizzo and find a nice program so I can start creating some stuff. what software are most of you running and would you recommend using it or staying clear of it?

im creating a table using a sliding glass door that will be framed about 3-4 feet off the ground with some bins underneath for scraps/trash and will have my computer mounted under there as well. anyone forsee a problem with the computer being underneath and also being that this will be on wheels, do you think that the plotter being strapped to the table will cause excessive vibration?

just trying to venture outside of the tint world. more for personal stuff for friends and family but might turn a dollar from time to time so im trying to get this up and going simple but effective.

I know I have read that it cuts kinda slow and is somewhat loud but besides that, has anyone had real problems with these plotters such as mechanical faults?

I got a place for the vinyl and all that but now will need to become a font hizzo and find a nice program so I can start creating some stuff. what software are most of you running and would you recommend using it or staying clear of it?

im creating a table using a sliding glass door that will be framed about 3-4 feet off the ground with some bins underneath for scraps/trash and will have my computer mounted under there as well. anyone forsee a problem with the computer being underneath and also being that this will be on wheels, do you think that the plotter being strapped to the table will cause excessive vibration?

just trying to venture outside of the tint world. more for personal stuff for friends and family but might turn a dollar from time to time so im trying to get this up and going simple but effective.

im considering a china cutter too. darkdan gave me this link that answers alot of ?s

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php

hope it helps . I really like the lasercutter 48" myself and the Copam looks good too. :evilgrin

Guest darkdan

Mine isn't bad.

I guess the real big problem is some people experience static issues that cause the knife to drag, but I haven't had that problem and I just cut a 30" x 98" piece this weekend.

What is SUPER ANNOYING with the Refine series is even though on the software "Advance after Plot" is checked....it still retracts it. So you can't just cut it off, you have to unload it from the rear and grab the roll and then cut it off.

And I managed to cut some Lamin-X (17 mil) this weekend. I had to set it to the full 400 grams of force, but it did it.

well I just ordered it and went and talked with the local vinyl dealer and got some oracal, nikkalite samples and us banner corp packet. now I just need some of you fine gents to send as many .eps files and fonts to me that you want. haha. I did see a corporate logos disk that looks like it would come in handy quite frequently

well I just ordered it and went and talked with the local vinyl dealer and got some oracal, nikkalite samples and us banner corp packet. now I just need some of you fine gents to send as many .eps files and fonts to me that you want. haha. I did see a corporate logos disk that looks like it would come in handy quite frequently

Let me know what artwork you need, I'll hook you up....

I saw that Today's Fireplace one I did for you, in Wallace last Wed..... :lol Looked good, nice install............... For a tinter.... :nope

thanks alan. you know ill be in touch. and yah those came out pretty good. I was damn happy for having to install outside in 40 degree weather (thats cold when you live at the beach) and being windy. damn I hate mobile stuff

got any tips for me as far as the tracing goes? any tricks or tips id appreciate. what program are you using dd?

how have you gotten with yours clarence?

Archived