08 WRX sedan rear deck

Shades of Gray

you dont have to remove it for tint in that car

I know, but tint tek's computer cut design template for that car was pretty off, so I had to keep re-arranging it, pulling back, spraying...and so forth. When it dried...it had a little contamination in it, and I wanted to redo it...but adhesive is almost impossible to remove below that deck lid area of the rear windshield. It's not exactly a tint-friendly design.

Ryan

I've seen the tintek in action and its waaay off :welcome

the only system I use is my own hands :rollin

ehhh, back and forth...that's all this conversation would ever go between the pro's and con's of computer cut. All I know is, when I'm jammed up...the computer really helps with timing. When I have the chance to use off-cuts...I hand cut too. To each his own.

Guest rcjello

I most situations for a rear deck lid you will need to remove the lower seat usually just pulls up. there will be small bolts holding the back rest on near the bottom. remove bolts then slide seat up. take off rear piller plastic by gently pulling till clips release. Then for the most part there will be a couple of plastic clips holding the deck in place just lift and jiggle it till it comes out. This method works for 90% of rear deck lids.

I most situations for a rear deck lid you will need to remove the lower seat usually just pulls up. there will be small bolts holding the back rest on near the bottom. remove bolts then slide seat up. take off rear piller plastic by gently pulling till clips release. Then for the most part there will be a couple of plastic clips holding the deck in place just lift and jiggle it till it comes out. This method works for 90% of rear deck lids.

lol, thanks...while a lot of you missed the point, thanks for the comment rcjello.

I didn't need to discuss how easy it is or isn't to tint the rear deck lid...that's besides the point. The point is...like Underground mentioned, I needed to detint one, so I wanted to know how to get the decklid out.

Ryan

Guest phillytinter86

you dont have to remove the back deck, i had some problems with water building up on the bottom of the window. if you have a air compressor at your shop after you have plowed the bottom use a high pressure nozzle and blow the water out, use a side swiper to finish it up and you'll be fine

Archived