Guest haroldshouseoftint
It is made of Antimony Tin Oxide (ATO) an electrically conductive nano-particle with high visible light transmittance. Chip dyed polyester is used to reduce the VLT and it is marketed by Geoshield as a metal-free ceramic technology by Geoshield.

Good grief what does that mean?

it means it sort of has a ceramic in it :lol

It sort of does. :dunno She's either pregnant or not :dunno

:wall I was absent from work that day, I didn't do it :lol

Ya, it sort of does, like I said a few posts above, if it was a true ceramic, wouldn't the #'s be higher? or does the dyed layer to cut down the reflectivity, cut down that much TSER from the ceramic coating? :twocents

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mhun9180
It is made of Antimony Tin Oxide (ATO) an electrically conductive nano-particle with high visible light transmittance. Chip dyed polyester is used to reduce the VLT and it is marketed by Geoshield as a metal-free ceramic technology by Geoshield.

it means it sort of has a ceramic in it :dunno

It sort of does. :wall She's either pregnant or not :dunno

:lol I was absent from work that day, I didn't do it :lol

Ya, it sort of does, like I said a few posts above, if it was a true ceramic, wouldn't the #'s be higher? or does the dyed layer to cut down the reflectivity, cut down that much TSER from the ceramic coating? :twocents

Depends how thick the ceramic is. If it's not very reflective, then they probably used a darker dye and a very light ceramic. That would explain the numbers.

Guest haroldshouseoftint

it means it sort of has a ceramic in it :lol

It sort of does. :lol She's either pregnant or not :wall

:twocents I was absent from work that day, I didn't do it :uh

Ya, it sort of does, like I said a few posts above, if it was a true ceramic, wouldn't the #'s be higher? or does the dyed layer to cut down the reflectivity, cut down that much TSER from the ceramic coating? :dunno

Depends how thick the ceramic is. If it's not very reflective, then they probably used a darker dye and a very light ceramic. That would explain the numbers.

OK, so it "sort of" has ceramic in it :hmmm:dunno

Guest Mobile1

Kinda like I guessed at the start a hybrid dyed/ceramic. Similar to a hybrid dyed/metal film, therefore not as effective as a "full" ceramic just as hybrid dyed/metal is not as effective as "full" metal.

Right?

Or is it not that simple, what is "Ceramic" material, is it Antimony Tin Oxide or is that just part of the makeup of it?

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Kinda like I guessed at the start a hybrid dyed/ceramic. Similar to a hybrid dyed/metal film, therefore not as effective as a "full" ceramic just as hybrid dyed/metal is not as effective as "full" metal.

Right?

Or is it not that simple, what is "Ceramic" material, is it Antimony Tin Oxide or is that just part of the makeup of it?

:twocents you got it :lol

Guest mhun9180

it means it sort of has a ceramic in it :uh

It sort of does. :lol She's either pregnant or not :hmmm

Ya, it sort of does, like I said a few posts above, if it was a true ceramic, wouldn't the #'s be higher? or does the dyed layer to cut down the reflectivity, cut down that much TSER from the ceramic coating? :dunno

OK, so it "sort of" has ceramic in it :dunno:wall

:nope it either has ceramic in it or it doesn't. In this case it does :hmmm:lol

Guest vclimber

The ATO is a ceramic, it is conductive, it is also high vlt so it needs a heavy dye layer to reduce reflection and lower the vlt. ATO does not perform as well as TiN, another well-know ceramic used on another well-known film...

Guest haroldshouseoftint

it means it sort of has a ceramic in it :hmmm

It sort of does. :nope She's either pregnant or not :hmmm

OK, so it "sort of" has ceramic in it :dunno:wall

:lol it either has ceramic in it or it doesn't. In this case it does :nope:hmmm

:lol Sort of sport30.gif:uh:lol2

The ATO is a ceramic, it is conductive, it is also high vlt so it needs a heavy dye layer to reduce reflection and lower the vlt. ATO does not perform as well as TiN, another well-know ceramic used on another well-known film...

:uh

Archived