snapping rollups

I double snapped a car today and it worked great.

It went much better this try than the first time I did it.

I think since I have done snapping for a while now I am more used to the amount of heat it takes. :thumb

You can really screw up the tint fast when your trying to do 2 layers. It takes more heat but I had luck doing it today.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy
I double snapped a car today and it worked great.

It went much better this try than the first time I did it.

I think since I have done snapping for a while now I am more used to the amount of heat it takes. :spit

You can really screw up the tint fast when your trying to do 2 layers. It takes more heat but I had luck doing it today.

I did one yesterday...seemed to work ok...too much heat with screw it up. be careful!!

Guest thatsnappyguy

I dont want to start a new thrend about this but I just wanted to know if anyone does this besides me???

yea I snap all the doors, sometimes the 1/4's a lil bit...but do u.....

snap visors?

when I do a truck rear glass, I take the cut out and put it on the table... snap it just a lil bit, them roll it up...reverse roll in the truck. anyone eles does this??? I been doin it for a while now and was just wondering if im the only one.

I keep some liners of visors which alot of u do...I cut that out on the table, then snap it a lil bit and never have trouble inside. very easy and convenient to learn if u dont know already. no need to climb on the trucks for anything at all now.

sounds like it could be a totw week but I wanted to run it around here first to make sure it was posted already...its not a tip if everyone does it u know.

Guest willie
I dont want to start a new thrend about this but I just wanted to know if anyone does this besides me???

yea I snap all the doors, sometimes the 1/4's a lil bit...but do u.....

snap visors?

when I do a truck rear glass, I take the cut out and put it on the table... snap it just a lil bit, them roll it up...reverse roll in the truck. anyone eles does this??? I been doin it for a while now and was just wondering if im the only one.

I keep some liners of visors which alot of u do...I cut that out on the table, then snap it a lil bit and never have trouble inside. very easy and convenient to learn if u dont know already. no need to climb on the trucks for anything at all now.

sounds like it could be a totw week but I wanted to run it around here first to make sure it was posted already...its not a tip if everyone does it u know.

I do the dodge solids :spit

I tried that snapping technique today. still ended up with fingers while installing. do I need to heat it on the liner side or film side. and what should it look like when I'm done. any suggestions would greatly be appreciated :thumb

what car was it on?

it was about an 06 pontiac bonneville

I dont get alot of bonnys - good thing I guess - I do remember dem being a pain though

Guest thatsnappyguy

I spoke too soon.

years after I mastered the snap method...the last order of QDP is acting totally different. Now after its snapped, and installed...the bottom edge curls away from the window and its not good for since the bottom rubber has given me about 3 warranties since I used the last order. everones doors are peiling up since the film doesnt want to grab the glass, but now lifts off the wrong way. I have changed nothing about the method I used over the years...I have even tried different ways to do it. no matter what way the film is laying on the table when I snap it, it curls out when installed... im tired of the "new" QDP. and dont think im goin to be using it much longer...anyone eles having this problem?

Guest willie
I spoke too soon.

years after I mastered the snap method...the last order of QDP is acting totally different. Now after its snapped, and installed...the bottom edge curls away from the window and its not good for since the bottom rubber has given me about 3 warranties since I used the last order. everones doors are peiling up since the film doesnt want to grab the glass, but now lifts off the wrong way. I have changed nothing about the method I used over the years...I have even tried different ways to do it. no matter what way the film is laying on the table when I snap it, it curls out when installed... im tired of the "new" QDP. and dont think im goin to be using it much longer...anyone eles having this problem?

Snappy

I had that problem at the top with a cettain batch of the old stuff. I have had no problems with the new.

Make sure you have the gold dot on your box or you got some of the old stuff and it may be from that batch

I'm new to the snapping technique, and I've never used QDP, but if it's curling away from the glass, try shrinking it less. Use less heat for less time, and see if that helps. :poop

Back when I switched to Johnson window films 3 years ago, I found that the film shrank so fast that I was having trouble overshrinking on the backglass with baby powder. When I switched to the soap method, no more trouble.

I learned how not to overshrink, and the film would lay up really well. Long story short, if your snapping is causing the film to pull away, shrinking less might cause less tension on the edge of the film and less pull away. :thumb

Guest thatsnappyguy

well u know how when u can srink a film on the wrong side be accident and just turn it around and it will flop itself the other way....??

this used to be the how it was working with the snap thing. it would curl away from the liner, inward on the table, but when on the glass it wouldflop back against the glass and grab the bottom of the glass. make sense. I know what im talking about but its hard to explain. its just not working. I have tried differnt aproaches, and heat amounts...just not gonna make it. im gonna tried it again tom., but I think its just gonna be another one of those days.

Archived