No more fingers

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest willie
I was thinking about this today and we're over looking the simplest solution..........

Just use plain water.

Tried it today. Works great.

Just started using the "snapping" technique and I must say that I am sold. WORKS GREAT :DD

Both work awesome :err

when I run into finger problems I just break out the old benz-0-matic on that turd and "bam" fingers stay down....if its a small finger in the corner of the backglass and I have the car all day long, ill just let the sun do the work for me...park it out side while I eat lunch or do another car and then it will lay down like a champ...

I do alot of tint graphics (hand cut and plotted) and when I'm plotting film and applying,I use 2 cap fulls of dirt off with straight water. It helps the adhesive tack up faster so I can pull off the transfer paper! I've been doing this for 7 years now! I've seen alot of my graphics through out the years and its just normal breakdowns that I see! so whether llumar doesn't recomend it or not , for just spraying down at the bottle to hold fingers down I think is a good idea! . P.S. not to say that I know more than llumar ,cuz I dont, just saying I wouldn't be scared to try it! (nothing ventured nothing gained!!)

I have expeirmented with an alcohol/a touch of baby shampoo /water mix on a few car doors and this seems to help in the drying.( I did my dads honda and sisters Charger,not a custys)

I know a vinyl guy who uses this mixture on exterior installs in the colder months on his letteirng jobs.

Figured I give it a shot :dunno ,so far no effects on the film(about 6 months now) Film was Global QDP35 Char

a year or two ago I used to clean the windows with alcohol after scrubbing them. I didn't remove the panels on a roll down; when I sparayed the alcohol it must have misted on the adhesive when I squeegee cleaned the bottom edge b4 laying film, and when I closed the door to inspect I noticed the film had instantly purpled! I believe it was Express NR True Smoke 35. Anybody else seen this?

Guest dennissierra
I have expeirmented with an alcohol/a touch of baby shampoo /water mix on a few car doors and this seems to help in the drying.( I did my dads honda and sisters Charger,not a custys)

I know a vinyl guy who uses this mixture on exterior installs in the colder months on his letteirng jobs.

Figured I give it a shot :rollin ,so far no effects on the film(about 6 months now) Film was Global QDP35 Char

what part of jersey u from igot a shop there maybe u know whos running it anywayz

johnsopns baby shampoo and a litttle bit of alchol hmm who taught uthis method dont know too magny ppl using it I use baby shampoo and alchol all da time

Archived