Cowboy Certified?

Well, did some more research, some stuff besides the class sound a little strange to us.

The class seems top of the line for sure, but the actually certification seems to be a little hyped up.

Went to some other forums besides this one, don't be mad I cheated on tintdude, it didn't mean anything to me, LOL, anyway, some shops were saying they had to prove they bought so many supplies from the cowboy, and then one or two of them were talking about the possiblility of having your certification taken away just because you wouldn't buy their products as much as they felt you should, and then after the certification process they are able to publish any pictures of wraps you do afterward in their own publications...

that is a lot of control for this little patriot. We don't like getting told what to do by a distributor, we as an industry should be telling the distributor what sells and how we do it, but you know, in the age of walmart???? Big business is getting more and more controlling...I digress....

We are the installers, the designers, the ones who sell our skills to the customer, yes, we need the products to make our sells, but without our skills, talents, sales, passion, love, and stubborness as small business owners and employees for this great industry, distributors would be in big trouble. So I think I will let my portfolio speak for itself and I will continue learning and perfecting my business with God's rules and my own rules.... :hmmm

anyway, we would still like to hit a class, but we might just go with avery or grimco wrap class, there are just too many rules and regs for the cowboy thing for me...I have authority issues mostly....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TangentSigns

I have not have any such experices - although I do buy all of my vehicle wrapping material from fellers - as they clearing state is a requirement (there prices are fare so no biggy) But no one has ever questioned me on it either. As far as the pictures go I signed a release so my photos could be placed on their website - thats it. I really fell they are an asset to my company.

Well, did some more research, some stuff besides the class sound a little strange to us.

The class seems top of the line for sure, but the actually certification seems to be a little hyped up.

Went to some other forums besides this one, don't be mad I cheated on tintdude, it didn't mean anything to me, LOL, anyway, some shops were saying they had to prove they bought so many supplies from the cowboy, and then one or two of them were talking about the possiblility of having your certification taken away just because you wouldn't buy their products as much as they felt you should, and then after the certification process they are able to publish any pictures of wraps you do afterward in their own publications...

that is a lot of control for this little patriot. We don't like getting told what to do by a distributor, we as an industry should be telling the distributor what sells and how we do it, but you know, in the age of walmart???? Big business is getting more and more controlling...I digress....

We are the installers, the designers, the ones who sell our skills to the customer, yes, we need the products to make our sells, but without our skills, talents, sales, passion, love, and stubborness as small business owners and employees for this great industry, distributors would be in big trouble. So I think I will let my portfolio speak for itself and I will continue learning and perfecting my business with God's rules and my own rules.... :dunno

anyway, we would still like to hit a class, but we might just go with avery or grimco wrap class, there are just too many rules and regs for the cowboy thing for me...I have authority issues mostly....

your loss not going to Franks class I have been to several others like you mentioned and they are horse and pony shows. As far as buying from him he would be glad you go somewhere else. I'm sure he already has problems :twocents Authority issues? I bet you think you are a artist :dunno

Hey OLD MAN STAN.... why the beef with this dude?? Hes just stating his opinion.. Isnt he entitled to it? The only reason you can be so damn cocky is cuz you know noone would come up there to the land of coffee and suicides and kick your wrinkly old ass... ease up man..

not saying the class isn't the best, just don't like all the rules of certification, the idea that we could invest so much time and money into getting the class taken and certified, just to have it possible removed isn't something we are willing to risk. Actually talked to our sales guy from F and he actually told us that he could actually be asked to come to our shop, check our inventory against their invoices, and determine if we bought a majority of our print media from them, if not our certification could be removed.

This is an copy of the actual email we were sent...the above was stated in a phone call...

"HOW DO I BECOME FELLERS CERTIFIED?

· ATTEND OUR TWO DAY TRAINING COURSE IN TULSA

a.. Provide a minimum of two (2) photos of CUSTOMER vehicles that you have

wrapped

b.. Provide a minimum of two (2) verifiable CUSTOMER references - PHOTOS

SHOULD COINCIDE WITH REFERENCES

c.. Purchase your vehicle wrap materials from FELLERS Inc. - MOST

IMPORTANTLY DIGITAL MEDIA

d.. Be in good credit standing with FELLERS Inc. - THIS DOES NOT MEAN HAVE

"CREDIT TERMS" WITH FELLERS

e.. Allow FELLERS Inc. to use your photos in advertising."

We will always buy from whoever has the best price and availibility in stock. It is just good business practices to get the best price for our print media...

Guest willie
Hey OLD MAN STAN.... why the beef with this dude?? Hes just stating his opinion.. Isnt he entitled to it? The only reason you can be so damn cocky is cuz you know noone would come up there to the land of coffee and suicides and kick your wrinkly old ass... ease up man..

:spit

wtf ?? Why the personal threats ???

Not cool! :spit

Archived