2007 Lexus IS250

Guest Peja43916

Guest Peja43916

Even with removing the front panels I struggled with this damn car. All the side windows need to be shrunk or else you get major fingers. Even after shrinking, after installing film on windows I still get big fingers that I have to heat from the inside. I don't even want to get into the small windows......Those were a pain in the ass too. Too much contanimation. What tips can you pro's give me? I seem to have less issues with the 2 front windows after removing panels. Maybe I need to remove the rear door panels also ? Thanks in advance for any help or info.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The IS is an easy car if you remove the front panels. Shrink everything on the outside before you install. For the quarter windows try stuffing an 18 gauge remote wire into the seal. This will help with contamination falling down from the gasket and give you enough room to slide it in there. When you put the panels back on reset the window module by rolling it up holding for 2 seconds and down and holding the switch for 2 seconds. Repeat several times. This will reset the auto feature. If all else falls take it to a pro. :evilgrin

Guest Peja43916
I agree that I dis like that car as wel...............

Seems like some say this car is easy some say it is a bitch... I'm in the later of the two groups.

Peja43916

"For the quarter windows try stuffing an 18 gauge remote wire into the seal. This will help with contamination falling down from the gasket and give you enough room to slide it in there. When you put the panels back on reset the window module by rolling it up holding for 2 seconds and down and holding the switch for 2 seconds. Repeat several times. This will reset the auto feature. If all else falls take it to a pro."

That right there is a great tip, never heard of that before :beer Gonna give it a try!! :beer:beer

Peja43916

"For the quarter windows try stuffing an 18 gauge remote wire into the seal. This will help with contamination falling down from the gasket and give you enough room to slide it in there. When you put the panels back on reset the window module by rolling it up holding for 2 seconds and down and holding the switch for 2 seconds. Repeat several times. This will reset the auto feature. If all else falls take it to a pro."

That right there is a great tip, never heard of that before :lol2 Gonna give it a try!! :klingon:lol2

I could of sworn I said that. :lol2 I think you messed up the quote. Heres another tip use a black remote wire that way you can just leave it in there no one will see it :lol2

Guest Mo Evo

The rear 5 windows on this car are easy. One pc rear, shrink the rear roll ups on the outside and flush the edges well. On the quarter glass, trim the film a bit short on the rearward curve and it'll fit nicely. The fronts, that's another story. They need quite a bit of shrink, but that's no problem, but that darn little speaker is right in the way. I hate to remove door panels and with all this talk of resetting windows and such, it's making me scared to do one. I have 2 coming up next week. PLEASE someone tell me EXACTLY how to remove the front panels, step by step! Thanks

I've been tinting these since their release, and love em! shrink all windows (execept 1/4 glass) and slightly curve the cut on the front glass at the font bottom... it wont pinch and there is no gap due to the sterero tweeter...

Guest tint51
I agree that I dis like that car as wel...............

Seems like some say this car is easy some say it is a bitch... I'm in the later of the two groups.

I too struggled with this car on Friday.. It seem like the others said shrinking them and still have to fight the finger once installed.. I tried it and still fought with the door panels off.. only did the rear roll ups..

Car sucks to tint..

Archived