How do manufacturers sell to states with strict laws

want2modmygt

Guest tint phantom
why to they have car that go over the speed limit..its against the law to do it..and if someone does it..and gets a ticket..are they going to sue the car manny?

I feel the same way, Its like a few years ago law makers tried to pass a law, when you bought a gun and if it was used in a crime, the person that sold it to the criminal was in violation of the law also. :rollin

interesting posts all. I just thought of another question after reading tint phantom and leos posts.

it's legal for a car to have tint on any window if it isnt driven on public roads, like a true show car. so, if people get tint illegally, can a shop owner have something signed that just says, "my ______ name____ car is a show car, and is not meant to be driven on public roads?" something like that anyway?

or... if a consumer can sue a shop owner who has his customer sign a waiver, can a shop owner sue the manufacturer for knowingly selling the owner illegally dark films because they printed on their box?

If you read the fine print on most manufacturers warranty cards, the warranty is null and void if the film is installed illegally in your state. Therefore, any film installed in New York other than 70% or above on a car carries no warranty. Most installers there do not even realize this.

interesting posts all. I just thought of another question after reading tint phantom and leos posts.

it's legal for a car to have tint on any window if it isnt driven on public roads, like a true show car. so, if people get tint illegally, can a shop owner have something signed that just says, "my ______ name____ car is a show car, and is not meant to be driven on public roads?" something like that anyway?

or... if a consumer can sue a shop owner who has his customer sign a waiver, can a shop owner sue the manufacturer for knowingly selling the owner illegally dark films because they printed on their box?

Good question.... The manufacturer could not be sued, since the film they sold IS legal to install somewhere in your state. Almost all mannys sell 5% under the automotive line due to the type of manufacture. You can still install it on flat glass, so it is legal to sell to you. It is in your hands that the !llegal action would possibly take place, so the liability falls directly on you. ( and the end user)

Why can’t the industry require documentation on where product is applied? Paperwork for sure and cost involved but……………. It would settle this issue to a large degree. It would also keep some people out of the business because of the cost as well as the ones who just apply dark papas. Pipe dream but it would work if the law stated the MANIFACTURE had to keep track of where product went. VKool used to charge me more if I put the same film on a car than a building and I’m pretty sure we had to provide the documentation for the price, been several years. :beach

If you read the fine print on most manufacturers warranty cards, the warranty is null and void if the film is installed illegally in your state. Therefore, any film installed in New York other than 70% or above on a car carries no warranty. Most installers there do not even realize this.

Sun-Gard prints that on the box as well.

Guest tintgod

in my opinion if they dont know that they are tinting illegally and not telling their customers they dont have a manufactures warranty..I wouldnt consider that to be very poor business ethics..and just plain bad business.

That's just trick not to be responsible. In reality - IMHO - no MFG pay attention legal or !llegal installation. Their work - make and sell. Installation - on Your side. But in case any judges or other problems - O, yes, we informed on box (warranty card, website) that it is !llegal.

That instead stupid - and f***ing old - regulation changing. ...FA's are created for lobby.

But what do they lobby????

Yes we all know what is legal and what is !llegal - but we all don't know WHY????

WHY 70% is OK

But 50% is dangerous????

Did anybody heard normal and smart explanation?

May be I don't heard?

Or may be when sun shine eyes direct it is not dangerous for driving?

Guest SSC
WHY 70% is OK

But 50% is dangerous????

I just don't know. in all of my dealings with PA legislators and police, whenever I mention window tinting, they automatically assume I'm proposing "dark tint."

I honestly think that its possible many legislators don't realise that 70% VLT as measured on an automotive window is effectively clear glass. and while the numbers 70 and 50 (and 40 and 35) seem different, the visual perception is not. this is why demonstrations are necessary to promote more tint-friendly legislation in draconian states (like mine).

Archived