Cheap AZZ Customer

If she is a loyal customer and you know how she operates , tell her you appreciate her business ,explain thats why you gave the first one away( what'd it take ya 6-7 mins?) . I'd even give her the new one ,THEN ... cause you know how she operates ,before you give her aprice on the next job add on whatever amount you think shes gonna try to beat ya down to ,then you're back to the price you wanted. I've had customer like that , they just have try to talk you down on your price no matter what. :lol

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The honest truth is, you gave her the strip for free with a full car installation. When she paid you for the r&r, she has a right to feel that the strip should be included in the price(same as it was the first time. Face it, you made good money off of her, charging for 2 installations and the removal, the free strip won't kill you and it will create good will in the future. If you tell her to pound sand, and she knows as many people as my wife and talks to them all day long, the word will spread. Better to gove the free strip than create a bad rep. :lol

And I would not say she was cheap!!! Christ, she paid for the r&r and did not try to blame you for the screw up and get it for free!!!! that is far from cheap!!!!

Guest Thetintcenter
If she is a loyal customer and you know how she operates , tell her you appreciate her business ,explain thats why you gave the first one away( what'd it take ya 6-7 mins?) . I'd even give her the new one ,THEN ... cause you know how she operates ,before you give her aprice on the next job add on whatever amount you think shes gonna try to beat ya down to ,then you're back to the price you wanted. I've had customer like that , they just have try to talk you down on your price no matter what. :lol

I think everyone does that. Read the thread about sample books form distributors. Think about how many times we ask for discounts or something for free from our film dist. I'm guilty of it, but I don't consider myself cheap. :lol

Kick her to the curb :)

Kick her to the curb and she'll tell 10 people who will tell 10 people. Is it really worth the bad publicity over a couple of bucks? My business philosophy is keep the customers happy if it won't kill ya to do it.

TheTC is soooo right. Ask yourself, "do you need 10 custys? I know I do :dunno

The honest truth is, you gave her the strip for free with a full car installation. When she paid you for the r&r, she has a right to feel that the strip should be included in the price(same as it was the first time. Face it, you made good money off of her, charging for 2 installations and the removal, the free strip won't kill you and it will create good will in the future. If you tell her to pound sand, and she knows as many people as my wife and talks to them all day long, the word will spread. Better to gove the free strip than create a bad rep. :dunno

And I would not say she was cheap!!! Christ, she paid for the r&r and did not try to blame you for the screw up and get it for free!!!! that is far from cheap!!!!

I knocked $50 off of the initial, and second price, plus gave her a free front visor on the first, so whats another 30 bucks :)

and I say she is cheap, she was pissed about the r&r fee as well, she wanted the film swap for the original install price, who's gonna spend the time on a bug r&r for a c note, the way I see it, if I had scratched a window, I'd lost my azz, because she would want that replaced as well as re tinting it, so if I'm gonna do it, I might as well get paid for it.

It has been my experience with her in the past that she want's a cheap price, and I usually do accomodate her because she usually sends one or two people a year to me, but I guess I have to draw a line somewhere, sometime.

We will most likely give her the $ back for the strip, and hope she takes her business else where, if I have to give away the store everytime I do work for her, I dont need her, this is a for profit organization, not a charity

FYI, this is her fourth car, and she has rental property in myrtle beach, and has never offered us a deal on the rental we asked about, complaining about how much it costs to operate. Sorry, I dont feel sorry for a single woman with multiple rental locations and more autos than most around here. I think getting people like me to do work for her for next to nothing is why I stay in the poor house, and she stays rich :dunno

She wants to get a deal from you, but wont give you a price break ?

Who needs her ?

Make her happy this time, in the future, all booked up and will have to call her if an opening comes up. (which, will never happen)

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I don't work at trying to make a cheap azz custy happy. When they start the , "oh cmon you can do better than that" crap, I just walk away and act like I don't hear them.

Archived