List of cars with reception problems

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted the question about the 08 civic. Customer got info from the honda dealer, and supposedly confirmed it on the net. Also, customers mom recently bought a 08 camry, dealer warned of same problem with that make as well, when using any film with any metal content, and advised them to use a ceramic.

The customer with the civic's husband has a 07 tacoma 4x4 that I tinted last year with suntek's hp, and no issues with the tire pressure light :lol6

I hate to be the one to get a list started with an unconfirmed problem, I just think some us this is just a scare tactic from those who dont know allot about our industry. They probably had someone with some silver 20, :krazy , or a car that had problems with the sensors/tire pressure, and tried blaming it on the film to get out of having to fix their problem :rollin I have used hybrids or metal films forever, and I believe everyone on here who posts about problems with certain makes and films, it's just I haven't had one customer complain about any problem associated with the film, maybe I'm just lucky, but I'm not that lucky :lol6

Guest Mo Evo

I previously used Madico's Onyx line, so here's all the cars that are susceptable to am radio interference with that and presumably all metal films:

current body style Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger

any and all newer Mercedes models

Bmw 7 series, later models thru current

late model Chevy Impala

any year Subaru STi

late model Cadillac STS

Guest HeadOn

2008 BMW M3. Electronics affected: Comfort Access (Keyless entry) and key fob remote (distance that the key fob remote would work was reduced).

Johnson's Insulatir Ceramic Tint. Confirmed issue with Johnson's.

Recommended alternative: FormulaOne Pinnacle film (confirmed with FormulaOne should not have any problems with any electronics).

Cheers.

Guest tint phantom

metal tint also disrupts some cell phone reception allso. Depends on your service provider. and automatic windsheild wipers, gps service, sometimes on-star.

Archived