Cutting around emblems that cannot be removed?

Guest timeattack07gt

Guest timeattack07gt

Thanks for the suggestions. It's not really a matter of just releasing air, but also clearing out the left over slip solution that surrounds the sensor in that particular situation, as you need to be able to get the material to have a solid tack around the sensor prior to trimming. Maybe I'll try injecting some tack solution in a area surrounding the circumference of the sensor with a syringe, in order to get it to stick, and then cut a small circle on the inside area of the sensor to let the fluid/air flush out; squeegee the material up against the sensor firmly, and them trim it precisely. It shouldn't really be as much of a problem with the VS and Avery film though, as you mentioned.

Guest *tango2 *

You remove these badges with a heatgun, you can buy the badge tape from any decent bodyshop supplier to replace the badge, its double sided and is really easy to use (we keep plenty of it on hand in case a badge has to be removed) a classic need for this is the Pini badges on the Ferrari rockers.

No big deal to do :?

Cheers

I use my plotter to cut around those things when I can. If I'm doing a full hood and I only have the pattern for the standard one, I load the big film, move my origin point to the middle and delete the hood outline leaving the emblem cutout. Used to do this with the older Corvettes when I bulked those bumpers and didn't want to cut around the badge.

On the parking sensors, if there right in the middle of the bumper, no sweat, but the ones on the corners where there is a lot of stretch in the film need to be smaller and shaped like a paper clip on the outboard side since they are basically going to get stretched open wider. Sometimes its best to cut them out as you come to them, plant the inboard side, cut out an oval shape smaller than you need and stretch it around the outboard side, once its tacked, finish out the rest of the bumper. I used to hate those things but the patterns have really gotten spot on with these, now its easy to use them as the alignment points for the rest of the bumper.

Archived