Accidental car door airbag deploy

Door airbags have always scared me to death when tinting, all I can think is that this sucker is going to deploy and embed a screw driver into my head or something. So, I'm at youtube watching airplane crashes and stuff (morbid, I know) and came across this and thought I'd share it so you can be just as paranoid as I am. :rollin

Guest FIREMAN68

Thats an old video... For us tinters just watch those cars that have airbags in the door itself its rare but some cars do have them. Most cars have the airbags in the B Post or built into the seat itself. :rollin

airbag.jpg

Let me share a story with you guys. This was in my younger years I was doing a Mercedes c-class. I was doing a 4 channel amp and my boss was rushing me I could not find the stock amp I found twisted wires. I cut those wires and was about to pop them. One of the other guys said dont do it it might be and airbag. I said Fock it my boss wants to rush me I dont give a crap he's gonna pay for it. Next thing you know it was like a shotgun going off next to my ear my boss came to me yelling I just looked at him and all I see is his mouth moving and all I hear is the loudest ringing in my ears. :thumb:lol2:rollin:thumb Believe me he never rushed me again. I also learned a lesson that day dont pop twisted wires with yellow connectors. 7 years later I still havnt poped another airbag. Its really hard to pop airbags unless your probing around the wires or cut them like I did. The good old days

Guest Connman

I've been smacked in the face/chest with one when I t-boned some idiot making an !llegal U-turn.

For me, worse than the smack was all that freakin' powder that fills the vehicle. Hell, I couldn't breathe until I got my bearings and was able to open the door.

Archived