shrinking with a torch

I dont know how many of you out there shrink your back window with a torch but I do

my problem is we are now using a new film that wont warranty the film if it is shrunk with a torch

because they say that the high heat will affect the film

if they think about it the way a tinter would were not applying a flame directly to the film

you can adjust the temp by holding the the torch closer or further away from the film to get the desired temp

main reason why I use the torch is the no cord factor (nothing to scratch the car)

for me its just faster to use one but I still dont understand why they wont warranty a car unless you use a heatgun

anywone else been told this

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont know how many of you out there shrink your back window with a torch but I do

my problem is we are now using a new film that wont warranty the film if it is shrunk with a torch

because they say that the high heat will affect the film

if they think about it the way a tinter would were not applying a flame directly to the film

you can adjust the temp by holding the the torch closer or further away from the film to get the desired temp

main reason why I use the torch is the no cord factor (nothing to scratch the car)

for me its just faster to use one but I still dont understand why they wont warranty a car unless you use a heatgun

anywone else been told this

What does it matter :poke if I say no torch there is no torch :thumb

yo boss

Guest Ace123

Shrinking with a torch is wreckless at best. There should be no open flames involved with window tinting and near cars. The only combustion a car needs is in the cylinders pushing the pistons down.

Get a good heat gun, drape the cord over your shoulder while you shrink the back window.

some good video's on youtube of flame shrinking must be a reason some guys do it...?

hahahaha...good ole ::::::::::::::::::::::lb::::::::::::::::::::::::::::baby::::::::::::::::::::::::

Guest Crackz
Shrinking with a torch is wreckless at best. There should be no open flames involved with window tinting and near cars. The only combustion a car needs is in the cylinders pushing the pistons down.

Get a good heat gun, drape the cord over your shoulder while you shrink the back window.

yo ace to each his own ....reckless is your point of view im sure there is people out there that no issue's shrinking like that...people can be reckless with a heat gun also burn moldings over heat and break the rear glass and so on...so dont stereo type torch shrinking plenty of people here do it ... :whisper:rock and much props to the people who can

Guest unclebill
Same could be said about drinking and driving.... but it's STILL not good to do..

I am guessing that the torch method speeds up the shrink process, but its not good to do because it may harm the film long term..?

Archived