Audi A4 Avant Computer?

JRock10

I had a guy come in the shop 2 days ago wanting his windows tinted. He had been to 2 other shops, and both declined to do his car, stating that a computer under one of the cargo windows was too exposed to moisture and that when they cleaned and prepped the windows the computer would get wet. Anyone heard of these claims? I've done some searching here, and seen a couple of guys have done the Avant (or Estate, depending on your continent, lol). Do I have a legitimate concern or is this some hype because the other shops don't want to do this car? Thanks!

Guest Sunlimited

Similar to the old s class. I just pop the panel and stuff a garbage bag on top of it, then load up some paper towels on top of the bag. Really just anything to prevent those from getting wet. No big deal though....

Guest shadowline

Just did a A4 Avant 2003 few days ago, are you talking about the rear boot quarterlight glass? Thats all I did (along with the rear screen of course) no word from the owner of any trouble? :nono

Guest Tintim

Never had any problems with the A4 Avant. Problem might be they are not the easiest to do - especially new models. Cargo section only had radio aerials as far as I know.

Got an s4 avant to do tomorrow I'll check it out. :whisper

Guest Tintim

Did an S4 Avant today and checked the cargo area - nothing there that was immeadiatly accessible - except for radio aerials.

Also spoke with an Audi techie at the dealership and he confirmed - there is nothing else major there.

Archived