shaved my first frameless windows today.

Guest cartek

Guest cartek
please...lets have it right.

Filing is not shaving. Shaving is shaving - filing is filing.

They both give a good finish and for high end cars are standard practice over here in England.

? well I actually use a file if that is what you mean?

how do u glue the dots on the 1/4 glass? and what about all around the back glass, or u just do the top? thank god for glue, just did an 02 mustang and blew the chicks mind when she saw how good the top of her rear window looked. I use scotch scrapbookers glue from target. love the pen tip!

l_32bd01e3b98804582ee82be40ef46e76.jpg

I know this pic is tiny but im having trouble uploading pics from my phone.

This is what I do, and it works out well.

1. cut out side window

2. clean the window perfectly.

3 place a bead of glue all around the dots on the inside of the window(I make it a little inside the dots)

4 do not spray any water on the glass itself leave it dry with just the glue on the dots

5 peel the liner and spray the film with slip solution(keep it light)

6 get almost perfect aim so that it just falls into place and you arent smearing the glue

7 squeege the enire center out to the easiest side to access, but dont squeegee the over the dots yet.

8 lastly work the the dots out from the center out so the water and glue dont mix on three sides.

9 on the side where you have to mic water and glue if you must peel it back just a smidge and apply a smalle amount of glue to those dots and squeegee out.

On the back glass it could work the same, but it is too hard with the glass in the car so I only do the top.

how much extra time does filing take on door windows and useing the bead of glue on the dots. :tantrum I have never done it b4 and wanted to do somethin different in my area.

15-20 minutes per car I would say.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cartek
Where is 18% leagal on front windows????? :tantrum

I am here to share advice with, and gain it from, others. I am not here to police the tint laws or my customers, or act like some online saint that is a 100% do gooder sorry I am not fitting the mold. In my area I would honestly say that about 95% of tinted cars are !llegal. The police dont really care, the customers dont care, and the installers dont care. I explain the law to the T, and that keeps my morals in check in my mind, which is where it counts. I wont tell anyone to go to church on sunday, brush their teeth in the morning, or not cheat on their wives, and I would appreciate the same in return.. thanks :tantrum

how much extra time does filing take on door windows and useing the bead of glue on the dots. :tantrum I have never done it b4 and wanted to do somethin different in my area.

15-20 minutes per car I would say.

Archived