Door Panel Hanger

Guest Deep

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blackout1
I saw the post that the brazilian tinter dude made about a hanger for holding door panels. I thought I would show you guys what I use:

P1040255.jpg

P1040256.jpg

P1040257.jpg

It is basically 2 coat hangers, inverted and screwed together. One side hooks over the door panel rail, and the other side is used to hold the panel while you work on the install. Works great for you guys that take off panels and doesnt do any type of damage to the panel. There are several different types. Look for them at any hardware store....

Why would u take off door panels?? :dunno That takes too much time. by the time u take off the panel I have already done the window.. U don't kno how to put the film behind the 2nd sweep? u risk breaking clips on newer cars and trucks.. :rollin

I saw the post that the brazilian tinter dude made about a hanger for holding door panels. I thought I would show you guys what I use:

P1040255.jpg

P1040256.jpg

P1040257.jpg

It is basically 2 coat hangers, inverted and screwed together. One side hooks over the door panel rail, and the other side is used to hold the panel while you work on the install. Works great for you guys that take off panels and doesnt do any type of damage to the panel. There are several different types. Look for them at any hardware store....

Why would u take off door panels?? :rollin That takes too much time. by the time u take off the panel I have already done the window.. U don't kno how to put the film behind the 2nd sweep? u risk breaking clips on newer cars and trucks.. :dunno

:rollin

Guest lordofthetints

I used to be Brazilian tinter, but for some odd reason I can´t log on to that account any longer, so I made a new account. This wasn´t my idea, still good tip, although I´d rather not pulling panels.

:rollin

What I do is remove the panel but allow it sit in the position lined up with the door holes and just push the bottom couple of holes in to the door trim.

That is enough to allow it to hang and be secure but now with huge spacing at the top where the film needs to go down.

Devil

Guest Litespeeds

Great tip but those coat hangers might to a little too thick for some doors where the glass is very close to the metal of the door. We use a flat metal piece where we bend it like an S and use one or two of those depending upon how heavy the door panel is.

For those that don't remove door panels, I find it very hard to believe you can do some cars without getting felt contamination in the tint.

Great tip but those coat hangers might to a little too thick for some doors where the glass is very close to the metal of the door. We use a flat metal piece where we bend it like an S and use one or two of those depending upon how heavy the door panel is.

For those that don't remove door panels, I find it very hard to believe you can do some cars without getting felt contamination in the tint.

That is just one configuration that I use. There are literally 100s of "types" of hangers you can choose from, low profile, wide, narrow, etc....

remove door panels? :twocents .why?leave 2inchs of liner at bottom,install top,roll up window,flush bottom of window,peel off liner,pull back door moulding with triangle,slide in film.done,next window,repeat. :beer

You think I dont know that?

Archived