my tint is scratching

I have noticed that the new grand cherokee and caravan both have this plastic weather stripping. dodge must be doing it to all their new vehicles :thumb

Did a grand cherokee a couple of days ago and I had hell with the seals. I pushed 'em down and when I pulled them back up they looked like crap! They are like hard ass plastic :booga

TTC :thumb

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sprinter

nice to see you tintman pa..................yes sounds like the seals need replacing I still hav'nt had anyone call back with this complaint yet, guess I should buy some and have it on hand!!

ttc I know what you mean by the gaskets look like crap after pulling back up!

Did a grand cherokee a couple of days ago and I had hell with the seals. I pushed 'em down and when I pulled them back up they looked like crap! They are like hard ass plastic

this is what I used for them.

I use the mohair moleskin stuff metint mentioned. I have done the tinting for the dodge dealership here quite a bit and no matter how new they are, the seals are random. Some good, some plastic. :inot I always put the mohair on them if they are plastic. No matter what...if the tint is scratched it's always the tinters fault.(According to the truck owner) :inot

Archived