Who the hell is Glass Sentinal?

Guest adn

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not that I think that anybody cares, but I think glass sentinal products had more than internal legal problems. more like external with companies they were supplying not have their full orders supplied with rolls missing or substituted.

arent glass sentinal products and GSS the same company? I may be wrong bu they seem to be in the same building on sunshine lane?

I personally wouldn't touch any of their products with a barge pole. any company that wants $'s up front to use their product and then want to charge $800 for a roll of 4mil is only in it to make money out of dealers.

do GSS actually manufacture their own film? I know glass sentinal products didn't.

According to what we know they used to be the same company. We however stuck with Glass Stregthening. We have been w/ them for over a year and we have no complains as of yet. :dunno We are one of their dealers.

(without prejudice).. treat this more like an editorial...

GSS does not manufacture their own film, and is not associated with Glass Sentinal. The guys that worked there, moved on to form their own company when the prev owner "went away"

Glass Sentinal in Canada has also folded camp and disbanded. IT was sad really, the more I learned about security film, the more I realized that the operation in Canada was joke. The "trained professional installers' had no more than 3 months or so of total overall film application time in. They had no idea how to even do a simple reverse roll on a piece of glass 2ft x 2ft They were operating and swore they knew all about film application based on a one or two week training course in Miami from Glass Sentinal.

I got a call from one of their clients (only because they had my cell #, and the office #'s don't work) ... they did a job .. around 1500 sq.'.... that was ok.. the film that is.. but when they personally (the "technicians") applied the Dow Corning.. (what a muck up that was)... when they did the front doors, they Dow Corning'd the film on the glass TO THE DOOR STOPS... Well... FU***KKKK guess what happened 6 months later when the bad guys came bashing through the front doors.... YUP.. film, glass, and freakin' door stops all laying on the floor... Professionals my ass... :rock Now that I know better, I hire THE BEST guys that I can find, and as for the dow corning application if and when it is used... the best freakin' glazier/caulker I can get to do the job.

The "special chemicals"... what the hell was that called... Acrylon5 ?? :thumb:rock Hell, anyone can get pretty much the same thing from buying the special stuff all over town.. what's that... some glue you add to the water to make the film stick better....

Anyways... I guess I have made a dumb ass of myself from past comments, but be assured that I have changed my ways, and am on the right path buds.... no more :rock for me... all freakin' smoke and mirrors it was... (in my humble opinion).. again.. just an editorial of what is in my head....

:rock

Keep the faith boys.

Almo

Guest Sprinter

yes glass sentinal, was'nt this where they had tools for sale also like the channel that went on the outside of the box so you got a straight cut?

also did'nt they have the power squegee that was operated by electricity ?

Archived