Who the hell is Glass Sentinal?

Guest adn

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what about the tools ????? was this the place?????

[*]257023

I know that the electric squeege's are available, but I don't know about the film guide box cutter though. Drop me an email instead of going back and forth here. Go to my website in my signature and contact me.

Keep the faith.

almo

Good to see you are still alive and kicking, Almo.  If you are going to be at the big home show in a few weeks, you'll have to stop by and say hello....

[*]257258

what show? The buildex show? Canada Trade and Convention Centre?

Ahhh... the Spring Home Show at B.C. Place.

I was not planning on going to the show this year, but why don't you send me a couple of comp tx :passout I believe they are free for merchants, but then again.. what do I know.

That's it..

keep the faith man.

almo

This where where the film manufacturers have failed in my opinion. Too many butt faced, crack headed fools have installed tons of security films after 9/11 and installed it wrong. What worries me is it failing to perform because of daylite installs on tempered, someone installed a 2 or 4mil when it should have been 10 or 14, etc.

[*]84630

This note peaked my interest.. could you explain? I am sales and service for energy efficient products in Vancouver and have just introduced film. The installer never mentioned to book evening installs. Would that be the best idea?

Thanks for the help.

This where where the film manufacturers have failed in my opinion. Too many butt faced, crack headed fools have installed tons of security films after 9/11 and installed it wrong. What worries me is it failing to perform because of day-lite installs on tempered, someone installed a 2 or 4mil when it should have been 10 or 14, etc.

[*]84630

This note peaked my interest.. could you explain? I am sales and service for energy efficient products in Vancouver and have just introduced film. The installer never mentioned to book evening installs. Would that be the best idea?

Thanks for the help.

[*]317503

No, No... day-lite install does not refer to installing during daylight hours.

'Day-lite' install refers to the 'trim' space left between film edge and frame or gasket of the window or glazing unit once an install is completed.

'Edge-to-edge' refers to installing film to all edges of the glass... requiring rubber gasket removal in some cases...

And then, there is 'anchored' installs, which incorporate the use of intrusive, non-intrusive or structural sealant polymer attachment system used with either daylite or edge to edge film installs.

If you are just getting into Sales, may I suggest you get your hands on the IWFA (Internat'l Window Film Assoc. www.iwfa.com) Safety and Security Education Guide. It will help immensely in building knowledge base.

Archived