Who the hell is Glass Sentinal?

Guest adn

So I'm a Canadian Eh! I've installing flat glass films for 11 years, used god knows how many brands (my old boss changed manf's faster than his drawers) and now that I head up the film dept at my shop I am a dedicated Llumar man. So the other day this guy comes in and tries selling me this S/S film called Glass Sentinal. Gives me this fancy shamcy portfolio and CD-Rom. Okay I'll take a look. So the samples of film he leaves me are 2, 4, 8, 10, 16 mil films. So I start picking these films apart literally. The laminations peel apart easier than that crap DIY film at your hardware store. The CD-Rom has videos about glass becoming bullet-proof with this film :lol , about tempered glass not crystallizing when beaten :lol6 . I call up their web-site and nothing, I send an E-mail and it's returned undeliverable. Then buddy stops by the shop again while I was out. So what gives? supposedly the Pentagon and Senate buildings are done with this stuff bull :uh . Has anyone heard of this stuff? And can you convince me it's better than Llumar (a tough sell)

Action Man

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TintPoser

I am always curious when manufacturers start claiming what buildings "Their" Products are on. I can tell you "THEY" are not on the pentagon.

Here is what I did Find.

http://www.gsi-a1.com/index_heb.asp unregulated and worthless

They are a member of the PGA http://www.protectiveglazing.org/members/glasssentinal.html

Not really a Sentinal Site, but interesting http://www.psgglass.com/

I was albe to find a lot of info about thier product on dealer websites, but all linkks back to them were dead. Maybe their web site is down..

HEH... Kind of fishy... I can't believe PGA has them linked and advertised as bullet resistant film.

Well we should care. Because if something happens and this film fails to perform. All of us will get burned.

I can see it now in the media, so called security film fails to protect people's lives. News at 11.

The media will not segregate which brand failed, just that the secrity film failed.

This where where the film manufacturers have failed in my opinion. Too many butt faced, crack headed fools have installed tons of security films after 9/11 and installed it wrong. What worries me is it failing to perform because of daylite installs on tempered, someone installed a 2 or 4mil when it should have been 10 or 14, etc.

It's sadthe industry has come to this..after 9/11 , it was apparent that $$$ would be made from security tint , so everybody jumps on the band wagon..problem is, installing it isn't like selling something over the counter at a store cause it's the "latest thing"..there's things to KNOW about installing :lol6

Well we should care. Because if something happens and this film fails to perform. All of us will get burned.

I can see it now in the media, so called security film fails to protect people's lives. News at 11.

The media will not segregate which brand failed, just that the secrity film failed.

This where where the film manufacturers have failed in my opinion. Too many butt faced, crack headed fools have installed tons of security films after 9/11 and installed it wrong. What worries me is it failing to perform because of daylite installs on tempered, someone installed a 2 or 4mil when it should have been 10 or 14, etc.

Good point TIN... but I'll bet before the media is through with the story the full scope will have been exposed.

Look at them today... talk about a whored out market, just watch the various news agencies go at it.

:passout

Archived