325 4 door

Mdog

I got the fake wood trim off ok, and the torx head screws out that are behind it. I still couldnt get the top of the panel to move back out of the way.

what more do I need to do to get this top of the panel loose? I read where somebody described doing this but either there is more to it or I just needed to go alittle farther, I was kinda worried about messing something up at that point.

Guest Litespeeds

MDog,

You are 90% there. All you need to do is grab one of the ends and pull it straight back. It does not lift up. Start from one end and slowly pull back the entire top part of the door panel. This will give you enough room to use a hook tool and pull out the trim piece. Here is a picture of an S-class Mercedes. It is kind of similar to this. The BMW uses these metal tabs that clipped onto the door as well as the trim piece. The door panel is pushed into it and kind of locks in place. You will need to put the metal tabs back onto the door before slipping back the trim piece. E-mail me at Litespeeds@hotmail.com if you have any additional questions. Good luck.

All you need to do is grab one of the ends and pull it straight back. It does not lift up. Start from one end and slowly pull back the entire top part of the door panel. This will give you enough room to use a hook tool and pull out the trim piece

ahh ok I was pulling up and kinda scared to pull back too hard :lol thanks for the tips litespeed/vital I will try alittle harder next time :lol need to pull BACK.

Guest Litespeeds

It is kind of funny watching their expression when I tell them I take the door panels off to tint the rollup windows. I have to reassure them that I have done many of these and when I am finished, everything will be back in place with no extra screws to add to my parts collection. :jerkit

Archived