what idiots...

Guest kflemin9
well if thats the case, I did my first car at 13 so ive been tinting for 14 years. but really, ive been a "professional" for 8.5. seriously, you guys count the years you didnt know what you were doing?

What an a$$inine statment.. I was scrapin and watchin at 15 and layin the film by myself the next summer.. So obviously a 16 year old CAN tint "professionally" :thumb:thumb

For those of us 2cd or third generation guys in the industry, we probably were hanging out at the "shop" as kids as helpers. At a certain point we took it seriously and it became a passion. I remember at age 16 (1984) Tinting the Redding Ca, Municipal airport with my little brother after school hrs. & into the evening. For you Kids out there, you can get a good head start by working with parents as apprentices and you get quality time together as well. Remember to learn the "business" side of things also!

Guest mr3y1956

I had my Son pulling liners for flat glass at the age of 4.

It was usually on a Saturday Morning and at an elderly couples home.

Most of the time we talked more than we tinted.

Guest A&RCustomTinting

The people who trained me had there nieces and nephews in there at 8 actually cleaning windows and stuff. My son is 13 and starting to get more into it. He has been hanging around the tint shop with me since he was 4. He is just now starting to clean windows and he has tinted a couple quarter windows this summer. :thumb

Tinted my first car when I was 13 Im now 43. Opened my first business at 18. First car tinted was a 65 Beetle with pop outs. If you think the new beetle is tough HA! Sons hang out at the shop but have no interest. One likes the concept of owning a business the other likes crashing his tricycle into things. :lol2

Archived