so this 94 camaro is killing me.

don't know where to start on this guy. never 2 pieced before so as unsure about that as I am throwing it on in one. gonna give some advice from a bro a try and just shrink the top and lay it down. hope none of you has one of these in the shop today. :thumb

94CamaroBG.jpg

my wife has a new name for those fingers across the bottom... deer antlers.

94 is the devil year. If you have any junk film or a brand you dont use I'd practice a few times with it so not to waste the good stuff.

Have you done other years with this glass? Most of us dont shrink much, strech it down on the lower section to the sides and shrink the bubble in the middle, then hit a little at the top.. some dont even shrink the top.

I get all worked up when I waste film so I try to master the weird ones with junk film so I dont get all bothered about the wasted materials. Then once I've got it figured out use the good stuff.

Guest filmslayer

It's not as bad as it seems ,wet shrink ,even the stress by streching as much as possible ,that should leave you with about 6 fingers on top 3 big one at bottem ,top is pretty staight forward on the bottem work the sides to center ,they will move to a bubble in the center ,work that top to bottom ,just take your time use low heat if your not confident...They can also be a pita to lay sometimes...

Here's an old tip of the week on the Camaros...

http://www.tintdude.com/totw13.html

:rollin That would be a good way of tackling this glass. I have done a dry shrink on top and wet shrink on bottom before or a complete dry shrink anchoring the sides good. From my little experience with global it doesn't like to be wet shrunk :thumb but really you don't have to shrink a whole lot on that glass, mainly stretching the film and all in how you squeegie it. Usually when I put it in it helps to have someone hardcarding and heating behind you on the bottom to help it stick quicker. We did have a 94 kick our arse one time before which im sure it had an aftermarket glass cause it didn't have defrosters but it would lay on the outside but not on the inside so if it kicks your arse today blame it on being aftermarket glass :shock

Archived