who cuts out tint for brakelights?

Guest tint phantom
I had a custy here in Florida get a ticket because I tinted behind her 3rd brake light....It's also !llegal in CT to tint behind the third brake light, you can get a fix it ticket, and your vehicle will not pass inspections with film behind the light....

I dont know about ct. its another country as far as im conserned. but here in the sun & fun in the water its perfectly legal as long as its lumanates threw the tint. if it dont lumanate you have !legal tint. :rollin

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I almost rear ended a car that had the 3rd light covered with tint.

It was the only 1 working, and saw it at the last second, missed a rear end collision by very few inches.

Wonder what the liability would be in Civil Court if another person was faced with the same situation as I was and a rear end collision occured ?

Umm.. the fact that the others were out would probably be a bigger deal.

Guest Sunlimited

In the sun and fun my custy got a ticket for "obstruction of the brake light"....From what I understand, the law is vague enough that it is left to the discretion of the officer....

Guest De4thMet4LKing00

I always cut them out, because it's the law here in Maryland (and Delaware). For those that think its laziness because of not wanting to take out the 3rd light, thats a stupid thing to say. I cut them out, and I still take them out, I just cut inside the light area, makes it look better. It's a legal thing around here, otherwise I wouldn't cut them out at all.

I think the bottom line here is, if it's illeagal in your state, make the customer aware of it. We never do cutout brakelights except the Chrysler 300 or if the customer requests it. With the right tools you should NEVER have to pull a rear deck. Extended scrubber and Bulldozer, look into it. My 2 cents.

How can u charge extra for doing something the right way? imo u should never cut out a brake light, even if the dots go around it like the top b/l on the bmw's. there arent many cars if any that u need to pull the deck on to get behind the light. the only deck I ever pulled is new civic coupe, only b/c the deck takes 2 mins to get out. if that. I think the tools are so good now theres no reason for the cut out.

l_bf9ebb99a29326ac2ce7a8463fbc635b.jpg

l_efc77f419cc41dd205abc8003fd9a3cb.jpg

l_1311ea525e7f6150a10e4d53144952c1.jpg

l_9689189266e09c418da05f1d7fdcf5da.jpg

agree...in Hawaii cut out brake light = fly by night aka half ass. on the bmw and crv I use red film backed with mirror to give it a custom look that most dont notice. takes like 2 minutes worth the time and scraps.

I never cut them out. It looks GHETTO :lock . I personally feel it ruins a back window the second I see it cut out, all that effort to tint the window and a whole section isnt done. The custy paid for a tint job, not a partial tint job. I always tack on more if it requires deck removal etc... and they are happy to pay it.

im with you on this.....I dont charge anymore to do it...its part of the job...some time you gotta give a little to get alot...so I make up on the easier jobs to cover the harder ones......I think the only one I dont do is some bmw's they got the dots around and are hard to pull the rear deck....but 98% get tinted behind...

Archived