who cuts out tint for brakelights?

there are quite a number of tinters who cut out the tint for the 3rd brakelight to easily pass through, but there are also a number of tinters who dont. this of course is the easier thing to do since no cuts are made and alignment is also much easier. do you know of any law that prohibits tint covering the 3rd brake light? which is aesthetically speaking better?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint whisperer

We always cut the brake light, unless the customer asks for it not to be. Too much work taking out rear lights ... we just tell them it's safer and they agree. If they want it behind the light we charge an extra $40.

I never cut them out. It looks GHETTO :eyebrows . I personally feel it ruins a back window the second I see it cut out, all that effort to tint the window and a whole section isnt done. The custy paid for a tint job, not a partial tint job. I always tack on more if it requires deck removal etc... and they are happy to pay it.

Guest tintmanlibby

it's all about weather your a motivated window film installer or (if u be puttin on tintsk in the hood) .get a bulldozer and a red demon if you dont know what the are call your distr. and order them 2 day. it's your shop's work ,but my shop it's required or it off with there head

Guest nc_wlch

if its not a third light that can be removed easily, we inform the customer ahead of time that there will be an extra charge for removing the rear deck area.

Archived