08 Lexus ISF

I prefer no seams so whats my options...Need film with most clear coating possilbe...this car/PPF was machined buffed in the past and will be in the future.

Machine buffing is ok with most films even non-coat, as long as they use the correct compounds....ie non-course and die free. If they do not want to or cannot find the correct polish and have to machine buff the car, have them tape off the edges of the film with painters tape and avoid direct contact with the film. All the larger rolled films will not do well with conventional buffing compounds over long periods of time.... its urethane after all...PlasticX is nice, I used it last week to take some large scuffs I received after a light run-in with a large orange construction traffic can, but it has a blue tint, so I would not recommend it for white or other bright colors (my truck is black). We have used ScratchX too with some success and it is white-ish.

The full hood on the ISF is one of the few coverages that I will say you are better off hand cutting over using a pre-cut kit, in fact we chose not to make a design after testing. The hood requires so much stretch that it is not possible to install a kit without massive adhesive marks. We've tried using several brands of films and the hand cuts always looks nicer regardless of the brand, since you can tack the film to the fenders and bumper; leaving the damaged film off the hood to be trimmed off...and if you wrap all the edges you never have to cut on the paint, leaving a really nice fully covered hood. :lol6

Good luck.... wax the middle and use lots of slip.

Oh Give me a break, there is a design, it works, I guess what you mean is YOU dont know HOW to design this puppy?? You can design anything as a pre-cut that you can bulk :lol6

As for adhesive grab marks on any film on this car yeah right as soon as I find one of these (not common over here) we will find out I guess).

Seen just as tough before :dunno No doubt will see it again LOL

Cheers

I prefer no seams so whats my options...Need film with most clear coating possilbe...this car/PPF was machined buffed in the past and will be in the future.

Machine buffing is ok with most films even non-coat, as long as they use the correct compounds....ie non-course and die free. If they do not want to or cannot find the correct polish and have to machine buff the car, have them tape off the edges of the film with painters tape and avoid direct contact with the film. All the larger rolled films will not do well with conventional buffing compounds over long periods of time.... its urethane after all...PlasticX is nice, I used it last week to take some large scuffs I received after a light run-in with a large orange construction traffic can, but it has a blue tint, so I would not recommend it for white or other bright colors (my truck is black). We have used ScratchX too with some success and it is white-ish.

The full hood on the ISF is one of the few coverages that I will say you are better off hand cutting over using a pre-cut kit, in fact we chose not to make a design after testing. The hood requires so much stretch that it is not possible to install a kit without massive adhesive marks. We've tried using several brands of films and the hand cuts always looks nicer regardless of the brand, since you can tack the film to the fenders and bumper; leaving the damaged film off the hood to be trimmed off...and if you wrap all the edges you never have to cut on the paint, leaving a really nice fully covered hood. :evilgrin

Good luck.... wax the middle and use lots of slip.

Oh Give me a break, there is a design, it works, I guess what you mean is YOU dont know HOW to design this puppy?? You can design anything as a pre-cut that you can bulk :evilgrin

As for adhesive grab marks on any film on this car yeah right as soon as I find one of these (not common over here) we will find out I guess).

Seen just as tough before :thumb No doubt will see it again LOL

Cheers

there is no hood I have seen that has a crowl style hood that starts out at the top pillars and gets even higher towards the front then suddenly drops. It would have been easier with a 60''Avery bulk sheet but this application need Clearshield for out door everyday use/abuse and stain resistance.... Looked great on the dark blue but took too much time on the front of hood since I did not have a lot of film to bulk with....

Lorenzo, Did you do end up finishing that car?

Christopher

came out great..I was not able to wrap edges as planned since I was short film. I used bek film for everyday durablity and had to seam the top hood pionts. 60 inch film is a must on that hood.

Archived