3ms prestige

Guest vclimber
written by who... VC or V4V, it hard to tell if you too arent the same person.

splain this ricky recardo, when im selling film, I compare the performance between the competitions film and 3M using the btu meter (I know you hate it 1000nm). my samples are hooper, v-cool and pr70. the hooper only changes a couple btu's lower, the v-cool changes higher and the prestige blow's them both away on angle. maybe you could draw up a chart that splains that.

It was written by me thank you. :cold

I am not V4V, if you remember way back when he and I used to go at it over this subject... now look at where he stands.

I can explain your BTU findings right here.

You think a BTU demo is an accurate way to compare total solar rejection from one film to the next? :cold Let me ask you, how much energy of the visible light spectrum is produced with a infrared bulb? Remember visible light accounts for almost half of the total solar energy... leave that out and you are not getting an accurate measurement.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teamfutaba

You think a BTU demo is an accurate way to compare total solar rejection from one film to the next? :cold

I remember a radio show where the host always had a freak show on. someone who said or did something off the wall. he would argue with them and so on. one day it was pointed out to me that the radio host and his guests were the same person. I stopped listening after that. hard to tell now a days.

as for the btu meter, apples to apples... all 70 series. same 1/8" clear from HD. with all things being equal you cant deny the btu meter readings.

Guest vclimber
I remember a radio show where the host always had a freak show on. someone who said or did something off the wall. he would argue with them and so on. one day it was pointed out to me that the radio host and his guests were the same person. I stopped listening after that. hard to tell now a days.

as for the btu meter, apples to apples... all 70 series. same 1/8" clear from HD. with all things being equal you cant deny the btu meter readings.

Well, I don't know what else to tell you... I am not V4V.

What does it matter anyways?... I'm nobody. Look at the facts, that is what is important and they speak for themselves. BTU readings are not total performance readings, there is a massive difference between IR readings and total performance specifications, please do not mislead the general public into thinking otherwise. Here is some more reading for you.

You think a BTU demo is an accurate way to compare total solar rejection from one film to the next? :cold

Sounds like you were listening to Phil Hendrie...that was a funny show, and for entertainment purposes only.

:cold

Guest teamfutaba

Sounds like you were listening to Phil Hendrie...that was a funny show, and for entertainment purposes only.

ah yeah. that was it. very funny show. didnt seem the same when I found out it was him doing the skit's.

V simple question. why do the results I posted earlier ( apples to apples..) differ from you autobiographic explanations of the truth.. im just asking, you know you did the same tests and got the same results or you would have responded differently. ill read your next link for "humor purposes only" :cold . knowing your dislike for 3M you have a bias oppinion.

Guest vclimber
ah yeah. that was it. very funny show. didnt seem the same when I found out it was him doing the skit's.

V simple question. why do the results I posted earlier ( apples to apples..) differ from you autobiographic explanations of the truth.. im just asking, you know you did the same tests and got the same results or you would have responded differently. ill read your next link for "humor purposes only" :cold . knowing your dislike for 3M you have a bias oppinion.

You posted results? :cold Where?

If you are looking for who wins the BTU test battle among the 70vlt IR films that is easy, Prestige uses an IR absorbing dye that works best at 900-1000nm where BTU meters measure. PR 70 will have a better BTU result.

Let me ask you a simple question... Is this BTU meter result recognized by engineers, architects, the NFRC, the DOE, ASHRAE, and the IWFA as a total energy performance measurement?

I am not bias, I just look at the facts. Misleading the public into thinking that BTU measurements are the same as SHGC or TSER is wrong and needs to stop.

Clear 1/8" single pane:

PR70 SHGC=.50

Vista VS 70 SHGC=.48

VK-70 SHGC=.44

Hilite 70 SHGC=.45

Which films have the best SHGC and which is the worst? Now you have a fact.

Guest tintgod

do a video of your test and prove us wrong..and post it here.

if not just for sheit and giggles

Guest tintgod

You posted results? :cold Where?

If you are looking for who wins the BTU test battle among the 70vlt IR films that is easy, Prestige uses an IR absorbing dye that works best at 900-1000nm where BTU meters measure. PR 70 will have a better BTU result.

Let me ask you a simple question... Is this BTU meter result recognized by engineers, architects, the NFRC, the DOE, ASHRAE, and the IWFA as a total energy performance measurement?

I am not bias, I just look at the facts. Misleading the public into thinking that BTU measurements are the same as SHGC or TSER is wrong and needs to stop.

Clear 1/8" single pane:

PR70 SHGC=.50

Vista VS 70 SHGC=.48

VK-70 SHGC=.44

Hilite 70 SHGC=.45

Which films have the best SHGC and which is the worst? Now you have a fact.

what is hupers #?

Archived