Fresh outta school..3M Certified

Guest Titan1969

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the props guys but there's lots of installers out there that are wayyy better than me.

That was actually my second attempt on that bumper as the first install started cheating back the minute I trimmed off the excess.... what a pisser. The trick isn't getting the film to lay down, its getting it to stay down. After I saw what I did wrong, (coast to coast) and where I'd put too much stress in the film, I walked away and "smoked over it" (take a break and think about it).

The problem was putting enough stretch into it for top part was too much for the lower so the answer usually means two separate pieces. What I came up with was doing it center out instead of C2C. I tacked straight down the middle between the two lower intakes, then split the film on the left and right under the upper area of the bumper. That let me stretch the top section enough to get it to lay down and then squeegee in the lower part with hardly any stretch so the film wouldn't pull back. Once I figured that out it was pretty easy and only had to leave one tiny seam visible on each side.

race993seam.jpg

Archived